Joe Greenwood

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Joe Greenwood

Post by josie andrews »

2 match ban ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Joe Greenwood

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:11 pm 2 match ban ☹️
thats not too bad to be fair.

we could argue that there have been far worse, but not worth it any more.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Sin bin aside I thought he had a good game and made a big impact off the bench.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Think if he’d been given a red card, which the offence deserved btw, he may have just copped a 1 match or am I just wishful thinking.

Maybe if he appealed he would get it reduced ala Walmsley?? 😉
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:50 pm Think if he’d been given a red card, which the offence deserved btw, he may have just copped a 1 match or am I just wishful thinking.

i think the lack of clarity or consistency is what most people have an issue with tbh

I can accept to an extent some inconsistency with the ref on field as he sees things in a split second, and has to make a call there and then. The biggest issue for me is with the disciplinary committee who get to review the incidents and still appear to get things horribly wrong and are so inconsistent with their rulings. We have had the recent incidents with Saints players getting off far more leniently than Flower and Smithies, for similar or worse incidents, and that only fuels the fire
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:00 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:50 pm Think if he’d been given a red card, which the offence deserved btw, he may have just copped a 1 match or am I just wishful thinking.

i think the lack of clarity or consistency is what most people have an issue with tbh

I can accept to an extent some inconsistency with the ref on field as he sees things in a split second, and has to make a call there and then. The biggest issue for me is with the disciplinary committee who get to review the incidents and still appear to get things horribly wrong and are so inconsistent with their rulings. We have had the recent incidents with Saints players getting off far more leniently than Flower and Smithies, for similar or worse incidents, and that only fuels the fire
I agree with you, consistency is what is lacking 😊
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Probably a fair ban. If super league decide to go straight to a four team playoff that's Joe done for the season.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Two matches is acceptable for a pretty careless tackle.
Greenwood though had an excellent game.
We have games Thursday and Sunday so he might well play a considerable role this season.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:31 pm Two matches is acceptable for a pretty careless tackle.
Greenwood though had an excellent game.
We have games Thursday and Sunday so he might well play a considerable role this season.
We do at the moment all that could change when the powers that be make a decision.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I see Hull KR have ended their season early. What a funny do this year is. If any of our matches get cancelled, they should count against Joe’s ban. Given that before lockdown he was pretty much out of the door, he has really turned it round superbly.