Warriors announce partnership with Davanti

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors announce partnership with Davanti

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce a major partnership with international tyre manufacturer Davanti.

As part of the multi-year partnership, Wigan Warriors will support the brand’s objective to further increase its presence within the UK and internationally.

Davanti Tyres will benefit from having its logo on the upper back of the men’s and women’s first team playing shirts, whilst a series of co-branded social media content will also be created to showcase the partnership and to engage with supporters.

Wigan Warriors executive director, Kris Radlinski, said: “We are delighted to welcome onboard Davanti Tyres, a brand which like ourselves has built a strong international presence from its headquarters in the North West.

“The fact that Davanti have turned to us to support their expansion plans, both within the UK and internationally, is testament to our ambitious commercial strategy which will only be aided by our exciting rebrand.

“With both parties entering such an exciting period, we look forward to working closely with Davanti Tyres to engage fans with a series of exciting initiatives.”

Davanti Tyres sales director, Sean Maddocks, added: “We are very much looking forward to working with Wigan Warriors as part of a partnership which we hope will last for many years.

“We have developed a number of key sporting brand partners and are in our fourth year of partnership with Everton Football Club. We believe the opportunity to engage with Wigan and the wider sport of rugby league is a natural extension of that.

“Wigan is a high-profile partner, a marquee brand for our portfolio, and we are keen to harness the growing popularity of rugby league both within the UK and internationally especially within the southern hemisphere.

“As a brand, we make the most out of every partnership we have, working hand in hand with our partners to create activations to engage with fans. It has been refreshing to see Wigan’s flexibility and creativity so we look forward to working closely to make this partnership a success.”

To learn more about Davanti Tyres please visit davanti-tyres.com.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... h-davanti/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Re: Warriors announce partnership with Davanti

Post by widdenoldboy »

Good news
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

New badge - 79 responses to date
New sponsorship - 1 response to date.

In terms of the future of the club, whether we like the badge or not, maybe we have our priorities wrong.

Well done the club on securing new sponsorship in very difficult economic conditions.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:49 pm New badge - 79 responses to date

In terms of the future of the club, whether we like the badge or not, maybe we have our priorities wrong.

Well done the club on securing new sponsorship in very difficult economic conditions.
And something of a Blue Chip snip seeing a top football Premiership team associates themselves with this company. Not a bad effort in these lockdown days.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:21 pm

And something of a Blue Chip snip seeing a top football Premiership team associates themselves with this company. Not a bad effort in these lockdown days.
i think you will probably find that the majority of fans views, is that sponsorship is the job of the club owners / directors and they should be doing that to secure the clubs future etc. However, i agree that the club should be congratulated on securing the sponsorship at these difficult times and as said a Blue Chip name too

the logo is obviously something very emotive to lots of fans and i posted on here / twitter that it is in our eyes iconic and globally recognised (albeit perhaps on RL circles). There are many fans with tattoos / gravestones etc with the club crest on it.

I just didnt buy into the reasoning behind it. As part of my job i deliver change, and the way that the club managed that change was shocking to say the least. The biggest stakeholder in any club is the fans, and the biggest error imo, was the lack of engagement with the biggest stakeholder
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

the pieman wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:04 am

i think you will probably find that the majority of fans views, is that sponsorship is the job of the club owners / directors and they should be doing that to secure the clubs future etc. However, i agree that the club should be congratulated on securing the sponsorship at these difficult times and as said a Blue Chip name too

the logo is obviously something very emotive to lots of fans and i posted on here / twitter that it is in our eyes iconic and globally recognised (albeit perhaps on RL circles). There are many fans with tattoos / gravestones etc with the club crest on it.

I just didnt buy into the reasoning behind it. As part of my job i deliver change, and the way that the club managed that change was shocking to say the least. The biggest stakeholder in any club is the fans, and the biggest error imo, was the lack of engagement with the biggest stakeholder
Globally recognised? Come on. Nobody outside of Wigan will care about the badge and it will be recognised the same as any other.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 am

Globally recognised? Come on. Nobody outside of Wigan will care about the badge and it will be recognised the same as any other.
Think that the recognition globally is the Ancient and Loyal crest not the new logo.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sponsors come,sponsors go nothing to do with me that’s the club remit,if it was left up to me there would no logos bar the crest on any Wigan shirt.

And given the way the way they run the club have,as usual ignored fans feeling,the self same fans they’ll expect to buy the tickets/merch etc that’ll bring far more money than any sponsorship deal.

So it’s no wonder really there’s a lot of annoyance around at present
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jaws1 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:21 am

Think that the recognition globally is the Ancient and Loyal crest not the new logo.
Is it realy? I think we all need to wake up.Within the Rugby circle, I highly doubt people recognise the Ancient and Loyal crest.

Outside of the Rugby Circle most people don't even know that Rugby League exists.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jobo

Post by jobo »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:23 pm
jaws1 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:21 am

Is it realy? I think we all need to wake up.Within the Rugby circle, I highly doubt people recognise the Ancient and Loyal crest.

Outside of the Rugby Circle most people don't even know that Rugby League exists.
You'd think that would be reason enough for the club to pay attention to what the people who do know that RL exists, think of the new badge.