Warriors announce partnership with Davanti

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Warriors announce partnership with Davanti

Post by medlocke »

Blue chip, I've never heard of them and I've bought a fair few tyres online over the years. That aside, Any sponsorship is good for the club, Just a shame we have gone for another unknown brand for the main sponsor (if those kit pics are real), Never heard of Iqoniq, just googled it and it is a fan app, Why can't we ever entice big household names, Why can't we get Heinz for sponsorship given their standing in the Wigan area
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I won’t be buying tyres from them, they’re manufactured in bloody China! 😠

Mind you, the majority of manufacturers have their tyres in bloody China! 😠
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I reckon they turned up at the wrong stadium. They thought they were sponsoring Widnes Vikings. :shock:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:03 pm Blue chip, I've never heard of them and I've bought a fair few tyres online over the years. That aside, Any sponsorship is good for the club, Just a shame we have gone for another unknown brand for the main sponsor (if those kit pics are real), Never heard of Iqoniq, just googled it and it is a fan app, Why can't we ever entice big household names, Why can't we get Heinz for sponsorship given their standing in the Wigan area
Sponsorship is a two way deal.

When factoring in attendances, viewing figures, publicity etc I think you have your answer,
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:07 pm Well I won’t be buying tyres from them, they’re manufactured in bloody China! 😠

So what? It is called globalisation. It isn't cost effective to produce absolutely everything in your own country.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:11 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:03 pm Blue chip, I've never heard of them and I've bought a fair few tyres online over the years. That aside, Any sponsorship is good for the club, Just a shame we have gone for another unknown brand for the main sponsor (if those kit pics are real), Never heard of Iqoniq, just googled it and it is a fan app, Why can't we ever entice big household names, Why can't we get Heinz for sponsorship given their standing in the Wigan area

When factoring in attendances, viewing figures, publicity etc I think you have your answer,
Please explain

Warrington -
Hoover
Bensons for beds
Emirates

Saints -
Cash converters
Typhoo

I'm sure if those 2 clubs can manage it then why can't we
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

medlocke wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:32 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:11 pm

Please explain

Warrington -
Hoover
Bensons for beds
Emirates

Saints -
Cash converters
Typhoo

Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

medlocke wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:32 pm Please explain

Warrington -
Hoover
Bensons for beds
Emirates

Saints -
Cash converters
Typhoo

It doesn't matter who's on the shirt, its what they've paid that's important, with saints, the typhoo deal was one year, they didn't renew, and cash convertors, blue chip?

Warrington are an anomaly, but Simon Moran had a lot to do with the emirates one. but I wouldn't call Bensons for beds blue chip, Hoover is a well known brand, but again how much are they paying.

at the end of the day cash is king and if a company wants to sponsor the club in this climate we should welcome them
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:14 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:07 pm Well I won’t be buying tyres from them, they’re manufactured in bloody China! 😠

So what? It is called globalisation. It isn't cost effective to produce absolutely everything in your own country.
I don’t care, I’m sick of everything coming from bloody China!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan