21-man squad vs Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

21-man squad vs Huddersfield

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names the 21-man squad to face Huddersfield Giants.

One change as Dom Manfredi returns in the place of Joe Greenwood.

Wigan Warriors vs Huddersfield Giants, Friday 6th November, Emerald Headingley Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.
Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Huddersfield Giants in Round 20 of the Betfred Super League.

Fresh off the back of a crucial derby win last Friday, Lam’s men head to Emerald Headingley Stadium to take on Huddersfield Giants this Friday night, knowing a win will secure the League Leaders’ Shield.

The Head Coach has made one change to the side that faced St Helens with Joe Greenwood being replaced by winger Dom Manfredi, who returns after missing out last week with a knee injury.

Second-rower Greenwood is unavailable after being handed a two-match penalty notice for a Grade C High Tackle, committed in the win over Saints last week.

Injury News

Club Captain Sean O’Loughlin misses out again with a hamstring strain.

Youngster Ethan Havard continues to recover from an ankle injury first sustained against Leeds Rhinos in Wigan’s Coral Challenge Cup Semi Final defeat.

Back-rower Jack Wells remains sidelined following a MCL tear and knee dislocation suffered against St Helens in Round 14.

Winger Liam Marshall continues his long-term recovery from an Anterior Cruciate Ligament knee injury sustained during the Round 10 tie with Castleford.

21-man squad vs Huddersfield Giants

1. Zak Hardaker
3. Chris Hankinson
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Joe Burgess
6. Bevan French
7. Tommy Leuluai
8. Tony Clubb
9. Sam Powell
10. George Burgess
11. Willie Isa
12. Liam Farrell
14. Ben Flower
16. Morgan Smithies
17. Oliver Partington
19. Joe Bullock
20. Liam Byrne
21. Dom Manfredi
23. Jake Bibby
28. Harry Smith
31. Jackson Hastings
38. Brad Singleton

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... dersfield/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Big stick

Re: 21-man squad vs Huddersfield

Post by Big stick »

Really good squad announced there. I know we shouldn’t be resting players but manfredi, hardaker and bibby they all deserve to play.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Big stick wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:06 pm Really good squad announced there. I know we shouldn’t be resting players but manfredi, hardaker and bibby they all deserve to play.
What?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He shouldnt play again for Wigan end of story - the squad is starting to knit better without him he is simply a disruption now he gives nothing
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:13 pm
He shouldnt play again for Wigan end of story - the squad is starting to knit better without him he is simply a disruption now he gives nothing
You would be hung drawn and quartered if you posted that on RLfans, They still think he is the messiah on there :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Where is Clarke and where has he been the last few weeks? Honestly forgot we had him!

Injured or out of favour?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would like to see George Burgess get a run, simply because the potential upside if he is fit is so great. I am delighted to see Manfredi back - possibly my favourite player - as I always hold my breath when he gets injured again.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:43 am I would like to see George Burgess get a run, simply because the potential upside if he is fit is so great. I am delighted to see Manfredi back - possibly my favourite player - as I always hold my breath when he gets injured again.
Is it worth the risk?

Our best two performances have been the last two games were our forwards have laid the platform and allowed us to make good yards and gain possession. How fit is George B? How many minutes can he do? What impact will he truly make because so far for whatever reason he looks crap. If he is to be brought in, it has to be to replace Tony Clubb. We cannot risk him and Clubb in the same 17.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:52 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:43 am I would like to see George Burgess get a run, simply because the potential upside if he is fit is so great. I am delighted to see Manfredi back - possibly my favourite player - as I always hold my breath when he gets injured again.
Is it worth the risk?

Our best two performances have been the last two games were our forwards have laid the platform and allowed us to make good yards and gain possession. How fit is George B? How many minutes can he do? What impact will he truly make because so far for whatever reason he looks crap. If he is to be brought in, it has to be to replace Tony Clubb. We cannot risk him and Clubb in the same 17.
This is a very good point, George needs a game if fit.
If Dom comes in then who misses out, Burgess or Bibby?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:01 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:52 am
Is it worth the risk?

This is a very good point, George needs a game if fit.
If Dom comes in then who misses out, Burgess or Bibby?
Bibby.