Warriors announce partnership with IQONIQ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors announce partnership with IQONIQ

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are excited to announce a ground-breaking partnership with innovative new sports fan engagement platform IQONIQ, who will become the Club’s Principal Partner from the start of the 2021 season.

The multi-year partnership will see the Warriors become the latest in a series of high-profile teams and leagues to sign up to the IQONIQ platform, marking the brand’s first relationship with a rugby club globally. Other premium rights-holders confirmed to join IQONIQ to date include La Liga, McLaren Racing, AS Roma, AS Monaco and Crystal Palace to name a few.

IQONIQ, which will launch ahead of the 2021 Betfred Super League season, will provide fans greater connectivity with global sports clubs, athletes and entertainment stars. As part of the relationship, Wigan Warriors fans will be able to access exclusive content whilst benefiting from a wide range of exclusive prizes and experiences.

Wigan Warriors commercial director, Dan Burton, said: “We are delighted to announce IQONIQ as our Principal Partner for the 2021 season, becoming the first rugby club globally to join the innovative platform.

“To be included amongst IQONIQ’s illustrious list of partners speaks volumes as to how Wigan Warriors are perceived in the sporting market, both within the UK and internationally.

“This announcement comes at a perfect time when, following our exciting rebrand launch, we will have a refreshed focus on engaging with our fans, connecting with a younger audience, improving our digital offering and continued growth with new commercial opportunities.

“By partnering IQONIQ we will be able to do just that, whilst providing our fans with exclusive content, prizes and experiences to reward their loyalty and bring them even closer to the Club.

“We look forward to working with IQONIQ over the next few years to contribute to the inevitable growth of their platform as part of what promises to be a truly exciting partnership for Wigan Warriors and its fans.”

Kazim Atilla, CEO of IQONIQ, commented: “Wigan Warriors are one of the biggest Rugby League clubs in the world, and arguably the most iconic name in the game with a rich heritage and decorated history.

“This was evident throughout our discussions with their commitment to shift to a digital first strategy, their clear focus on a fan centric model and their bold new identity, which is reflective of the current and global environment.

“While we were naturally attracted to Wigan for these reasons, we were also attracted by their devoted fanbase who are renowned for their passion, which has been evident this week by their passionate reaction to the new badge.

“The passion and love they show for Wigan Warriors is exciting for us all at IQONIQ and we can’t wait to work with them and the Club to amplify this and bring them even closer.”

For more information on IQONIQ, please visit www.iqoniq.com.

Fans will soon get the chance to see how the new Principal Partner’s logo looks on the all-new 2021 Wigan Warriors home kit, which will be launched at 6:30pm tonight.

To experience a full interactive display of exciting content that helps to bring the new badge and its story to life, visit our badge microsite now.

Be among the first fans to get your hands on the new look by checking out our new 2021 hummel training kit and travel wear in our online store.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... th-iqoniq/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Warriors announce partnership with IQONIQ

Post by josie andrews »

New kit announcement at 6.30 I’ve heard
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

And how do you pronounce that then?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:18 pm And how do you pronounce that then?
I would imagine it's Iconic Ted
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

:D Yes I'm glad somebody else was wondering too lol
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Spelt the hipster/trendy young thing way..(I asked my son)
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

What’s ground breaking about it ? The fact we are the first rugby team associated with them?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:43 pm
AKA "incorrectly"
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:20 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:43 pm

AKA "incorrectly"
Quite right :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:15 am What’s ground breaking about it ? The fact we are the first rugby team associated with them?
yes and the fact the company is a year old and has just secured massive investment