Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by Dan2266 »

Just been shown a Photo of Hastings In a blue Wigan kit.

Make of that what you will :D :D :D :D
JimmyMagnets

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Dan2266 wrote:Just been shown a Photo of Hastings In a blue Wigan kit.

Make of that what you will :D :D :D :D
Picture please :-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No straw damn us

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by No straw damn us »

Announcements are usually around 7 p.m. aren't they?
josie andrews

He’s not leaving

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: He’s not leaving

Post by josie andrews »

Hastings signs new Wigan deal

Wigan Warriors are delighted to confirm that Jackson Hastings has signed a new contract which will see him stay at the Club for the 2021 season.

Since joining Wigan at the start of 2020, the half-back has been one of the standout performers for the Warriors, playing 19 games, scoring nine tries and creating 19 assists.

Following stints with Sydney Roosters and Manly Warringah Sea Eagles between 2013 and 2017, Wollongong-born Hastings joined Salford Red Devils and made a name for himself in Super League.

Having been instrumental in saving Salford from relegation in 2018, the stand-off guided the Red Devils to their first ever Super League Grand Final a year later after playing 29 games, scoring eight tries and providing 36 assists.

After being named 2019 Steve Prescott Man of Steel and a member of the Betfred Super League Dream Team, Hastings played in all four games for Great Britain Lions on the tour of New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.

The 24-year-old moved to Wigan in January this year and made his debut for the Club in the opening game of the season – a 16-10 win over Warrington Wolves at the DW Stadium.

After a stellar season so far, which has seen Hastings help Wigan to win their first League Leaders’ Shield in eight years, he has signed a new one-year deal to remain at the Club for the 2021 campaign.

Wigan Warriors executive director, Kris Radlinski, said: “Jackson has proven that he is a quality Rugby League player. He is one of the most committed and obsessive professionals that I have ever seen at the Club.

“There was a clause in the contract in Jackson’s favour which needed to be taken by the end of June. Due to the Covid-19 situation that the world found itself in, Jackson had to make a call on his future having only played a handful of the games for the Club.

“Despite originally not taking the extra year, he has been consistent throughout saying that it would be his preference to stay. After such a turbulent year, we are glad to have come to an agreement and look forward to an exciting 2021.”

On signing a new deal with Wigan, Hastings said: “I wanted to earn my second year and prove to myself, my teammates and the fans that I could deliver for the Club. I feel I have really earned the chance to be here for another year – I have gained the boys’ trust and respect and that’s what I really wanted to do

I’ve really enjoyed coming in to training every day – it’s a great place to come to. There are a few boys I’ve been familiar with over the years and a few that are on the same wavelength.

“The whole experience has been great. It’s an honour to play with the senior lads and understand what makes each of them tick. I feel like I’ve started to add my own flavour to what we’re doing, so it’s really exciting going forward.

“It would have been very hard to walk away from the relationships I’ve formed. The relationships we have at training correlate onto the field with the way we’ve been playing, so that played a massive part in why I wanted to stay.

“To the fans, I want them to know that I’m all in. I’m fully committed to the Club. I can’t wait to play in front of them at the DW Stadium – I got a brief glimpse of it earlier in the year. Hopefully, we can continue to play well and get some big crowds in when they’re allowed back and keep playing at the top end of the table. It’s what this club deserves.”

Warriors boss, Adrian Lam, said: “I’m pleased for the Club, the supporters and the team that Jackson has decided to stay for another 12 months.

“The experience and leadership he’s brought to us this year has been outstanding. I have to give him credit to how he’s fitted into the group. I think he’s played better rugby this year than what he played last year. I strongly believe he’s playing a completely different brand and style and he’s adding his little bits to that.

“He’s the ultimate competitor. I’ve never seen anyone like him at training – he’s intense. He’s a smart player and brings that X factor to our team.”

To experience a full interactive display of exciting content that helps to bring our badge and its story to life, visit our badge microsite now.

Be among the first fans to get your hands on the new look by checking out our 2021 home kit and new hummel training kit and travel wear in our online store.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... igan-deal/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Great news. We should have a good back line next year.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Beltin
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Nice
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Top class players and really glad he's here for 2021.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Excellent news, he's been great this season and I can't wait to watch him live next year.