Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle
Posts: 1041
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:15 am

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by First Try Tickle » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Firestarter wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:43 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:15 pm
If Smith develops, and Field settles in, could Hastings play 13, with Bateman and Faz in the second row? He looks big enough and gets involved in plenty of hard work...
He has played hooker in his past,apparently........ he always looks very clever in thst position....... im not saying he should be moved ss hes doing really well were he is....... its a great problem to have with all this versatility
That could be a great move, as we are desperate for a decent hooker.

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by nathan_rugby » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:15 pm
If Smith develops, and Field settles in, could Hastings play 13, with Bateman and Faz in the second row? He looks big enough and gets involved in plenty of hard work...
With Hastings in the halves and French at fullback, we don't necessarily need a halfback moving to loose. Whilts I appreciate a lockers replica would be best, moving Hastings there would mean we have less ability in terms of drives and tackling which an additional prop or second row at loose gives.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

ian.birchall
Posts: 3217
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by ian.birchall » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:50 pm

What with. Bateman, French, Hastings and Field I am beginning to think that the multi millionaire who took a shareholding earlier this year is taking a load of the costs off ILs shoulders.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.


Now Europe is just for holidays.

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by nathan_rugby » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:02 pm

ian.birchall wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:50 pm
What with. Bateman, French, Hastings and Field I am beginning to think that the multi millionaire who took a shareholding earlier this year is taking a load of the costs off ILs shoulders.
What does costs have to do with it? The salary cap remains the same and looking at our squad we likely have and do always spend up to or very close to the cap.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

User avatar
jaws1
Posts: 2822
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by jaws1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 pm

First Try Tickle wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:00 pm
Firestarter wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:43 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:15 pm
If Smith develops, and Field settles in, could Hastings play 13, with Bateman and Faz in the second row? He looks big enough and gets involved in plenty of hard work...
He has played hooker in his past,apparently........ he always looks very clever in thst position....... im not saying he should be moved ss hes doing really well were he is....... its a great problem to have with all this versatility
That could be a great move, as we are desperate for a decent hooker.
Smith to hooker Powell to loose forward ;) :roll:

ManxWarrior
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by ManxWarrior » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Between Faz, Isa & Bateman, do we need a recognised 13 or just 3 back row forwards with anyone of them dropping in there. We also appear to move away from a ball playing 13 when Lockers is not available


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by nathan_rugby » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:39 pm

jaws1 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 pm
First Try Tickle wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:00 pm
Firestarter wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:43 pm

He has played hooker in his past,apparently........ he always looks very clever in thst position....... im not saying he should be moved ss hes doing really well were he is....... its a great problem to have with all this versatility
That could be a great move, as we are desperate for a decent hooker.
Smith to hooker Powell to loose forward ;) :roll:
Move Smith away from his favoured position and one he has shown most promise and Powell into a position he has never played before even at amateur level...

This can go into the pot of ridiculous suggestions along with people who said:
- Manfredi to Centre or even 2nd row
- Hardaker to stand off
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

User avatar
jaws1
Posts: 2822
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by jaws1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:58 pm

nathan_rugby wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:39 pm
jaws1 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 pm
First Try Tickle wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:00 pm


That could be a great move, as we are desperate for a decent hooker.
Smith to hooker Powell to loose forward ;) :roll:
Move Smith away from his favoured position and one he has shown most promise and Powell into a position he has never played before even at amateur level...

This can go into the pot of ridiculous suggestions along with people who said:
- Manfredi to Centre or even 2nd row
- Hardaker to stand off
Look at the icons

morley pie eater
Posts: 1744
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by morley pie eater » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:08 pm

ManxWarrior wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Between Faz, Isa & Bateman, do we need a recognised 13 or just 3 back row forwards with anyone of them dropping in there. We also appear to move away from a ball playing 13 when Lockers is not available


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Partington will be the ball-playing 13. He's recently started to show the odd glimpse, but that's the impression I got of him in the academy.
Sign the change.org petition to recognise Roy Francis' contribution to RL at
http://chng.it/yCZJsNtg

josie andrews
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Things in place for Potential Hastings Announcement

Post by josie andrews » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:21 pm

ManxWarrior wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Between Faz, Isa & Bateman, do we need a recognised 13 or just 3 back row forwards with anyone of them dropping in there. We also appear to move away from a ball playing 13 when Lockers is not available


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s because he is probably the last of the great ball playing loose forwards 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

Post Reply