Lockers..The end is coming

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Lockers..The end is coming

Post by josie andrews »

As part of the celebrations to mark the end of O’Loughlin’s stellar career, the Club would like to announce that he will be entering the Wigan’s illustrious Hall of Fame immediately.

He will become the 15th member of this special club and find himself in the company of Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Dean Bell, Ellery Hanley, Andy Gregory, Eric Ashton, Billy Boston, Brian McTigue, Ken Gee, Joe Egan, Jim Sullivan, Frano Botica, Colin Clarke and Martin Offiah.

Chairman, Ian Lenagan, said: “It’s the first time since 2016 that we have inducted a player into the Wigan Hall of Fame. It is absolutely fitting that Sean is that player.

“Some of my favourite Wigan players ever are in the Wigan Hall of Fame and Sean deserves to be proud to be in such illustrious company.”

A Hall of Fame dinner will take place in the summer of 2021. The Club is pleased to announce that a second Wigan player will be inducted on the same night with fans having the chance to vote from a shortlist in the coming weeks.
https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... ar-career/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:53 pm
As part of the celebrations to mark the end of O’Loughlin’s stellar career, the Club would like to announce that he will be entering the Wigan’s illustrious Hall of Fame immediately.

He will become the 15th member of this special club and find himself in the company of Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Dean Bell, Ellery Hanley, Andy Gregory, Eric Ashton, Billy Boston, Brian McTigue, Ken Gee, Joe Egan, Jim Sullivan, Frano Botica, Colin Clarke and Martin Offiah.

Chairman, Ian Lenagan, said: “It’s the first time since 2016 that we have inducted a player into the Wigan Hall of Fame. It is absolutely fitting that Sean is that player.

“Some of my favourite Wigan players ever are in the Wigan Hall of Fame and Sean deserves to be proud to be in such illustrious company.”

A Hall of Fame dinner will take place in the summer of 2021. The Club is pleased to announce that a second Wigan player will be inducted on the same night with fans having the chance to vote from a shortlist in the coming weeks.
Couldn’t happen to a nicer lad, what he has achieved playing the game is legendary, even the Australian’s hold him in the highest regard and not many get such praise from our cousins down under. But what makes Sean great, in my books, is his humility off the pitch, the impact he makes on the training paddock, his influence in the dressing room, the time he gives to improving future stars of our game, always having a minute for the Club’s fans and his fine association with the people of the town.

Lockers is definitely one of our own, a true Wiganer, cut him in half and you will see Cherry and White. Every accolade he receives, and there will be many, he richly deserves. It has been a pleasure watching you Lockers and I hope you can go on and achieve great things in your coaching career.

One last thing, I am hoping that the lad’s can ensure that he bows out a Grand Final winner. That would be a fitting reward for one of the true greats of our game.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:37 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:24 pm Wigan legend.
Gonna miss his passing game(when he was at his best), will never forget that pass he gave to sarginson against saints, class
Break down the middle, drifted right and flung it out wide at full speed?
That’s the one! Must of passed it nearly 20 metres at speed right in the chest of sarginson. Awesome!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Fine player and a nice bloke to boot he will be missed.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Great player, and it is a tragedy that we can’t give him a send off in person. Dignified, determined, fair and the ultimate pro. He made the most of every ounce of his talent, and stayed modest and grounded throughout. He has had far too much stick from far too many people over the last few years, but I think history will be kind to him. A true legend, a true WIgan great.
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:37 am Great player, and it is a tragedy that we can’t give him a send off in person. Dignified, determined, fair and the ultimate pro. He made the most of every ounce of his talent, and stayed modest and grounded throughout. He has had far too much stick from far too many people over the last few years, but I think history will be kind to him. A true legend, a true WIgan great.
Totally agree - :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:11 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:53 pm

Couldn’t happen to a nicer lad, what he has achieved playing the game is legendary, even the Australian’s hold him in the highest regard and not many get such praise from our cousins down under. But what makes Sean great, in my books, is his humility off the pitch, the impact he makes on the training paddock, his influence in the dressing room, the time he gives to improving future stars of our game, always having a minute for the Club’s fans and his fine association with the people of the town.

Lockers is definitely one of our own, a true Wiganer, cut him in half and you will see Cherry and White. Every accolade he receives, and there will be many, he richly deserves. It has been a pleasure watching you Lockers and I hope you can go on and achieve great things in your coaching career.

One last thing, I am hoping that the lad’s can ensure that he bows out a Grand Final winner. That would be a fitting reward for one of the true greats of our game.
What exactly do you know about his influence at training, in the dressing room and time given to youngsters?

Is this an assumption or based on knowledge you have? If knowledge please share more details!
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Nathan,
Did you see the interview with Shaun Wane a couple of weeks back and how highly he spoke of "Lockers" ? That should tell you everything about his influence on and off the field at Wigan.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:51 am Nathan,
Did you see the interview with Shaun Wane a couple of weeks back and how highly he spoke of "Lockers" ? That should tell you everything about his influence on and off the field at Wigan.
I didn’t. Will have a look now thanks!
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:38 pm Gutted but it’s the right decision. Going to miss seeing him play 💔
Josie, I hope you have managed to wipe the tears away? What about a Lockers flag for 2021 'once a Wiganer always a Wiganer' or something similar - unlike James Graham who buggered off to the other side of the world and Saints fines didn't seem to notice it!