21-man squad vs Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

21-man squad vs Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names the Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Hull FC.

Two changes as Sean O’Loughlin and Amir Bourouh come into the 21.

Wigan Warriors vs Hull FC, Thursday 19th November, DW Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.

Head coach Adrian Lam has named the 21-man squad to face Hull FC in the Betfred Super League Semi Final this Thursday (K.O. 7:45pm).

Lam’s men will host the Black and Whites at the DW Stadium in the battle for a place in the 2020 Grand Final.

The fixture will also be Wigan’s first home fixture at the DW Stadium since 8th March, when they beat Hull KR 30-16.

The Warriors head coach has made two changes to the side that faced Huddersfield in Round 20.

Skipper Sean O’Loughlin returns to the 21, having last played against Warrington in early October. He’s joined by young hooker Amir Bourouh.

Injury News

Youngster Ethan Havard continues to recover from an ankle injury first sustained against Leeds Rhinos in Wigan’s Coral Challenge Cup Semi Final defeat.

Back-rower Jack Wells remains sidelined following a MCL tear and knee dislocation suffered against St Helens in Round 14.

Winger Liam Marshall continues his long-term recovery from an Anterior Cruciate Ligament knee injury sustained during the Round 10 tie with Castleford.

21-Man squad to face Hull FC

1. Zak Hardaker
3. Chris Hankinson
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Joe Burgess
6. Bevan French
7. Tommy Leuluai
8. Tony Clubb
10. George Burgess
11. Willie Isa
12. Liam Farrell
13. Sean O’Loughlin
14. Ben Flower
16. Morgan Smithies
17. Oliver Partington
19. Joe Bullock
20. Liam Byrne
23. Jake Bibby
28. Harry Smith
31. Jackson Hastings
32 Amir Bourouh
38. Brad Singleton

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... s-hull-fc/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Re: 21-man squad vs Hull FC

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Given the lack of news on Powell, I presume it is COVID related, for which I wish him a safe speedy recovery, but in his absence do we presume Tommy to 9 and Smith getting a start at 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No Sam Powell!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ManxWarrior wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:08 pm Given the lack of news on Powell, I presume it is COVID related, for which I wish him a safe speedy recovery, but in his absence do we presume Tommy to 9 and Smith getting a start at 7?

Not necessarily, he injured his ankle v Huddersfield last game out!
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

josie andrews wrote:
ManxWarrior wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:08 pm Given the lack of news on Powell, I presume it is COVID related, for which I wish him a safe speedy recovery, but in his absence do we presume Tommy to 9 and Smith getting a start at 7?

Not necessarily, he injured his ankle v Huddersfield last game out!
Thats True; I was basing my presumption on the fact he wasn’t mentioned as being sidelined through injury. Either way wish him well.

Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I know we want O’Loughlin involved as much as possible as he is retiring, still think it could be a mistake playing him.
We are playing well without him and we’re not missing the penalties he gives away
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Think Tommy goes to 9 Harry at 7 I'd put Lockers on the bench think he'll be more suited coming on if and when needed than starting
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Andy Last makes one change as he names Hull FC squad to face Wigan Warriors

Hull FC: Bureta Faraimo, Carlos Tuimavave, Josh Griffin, Jake Connor, Marc Sneyd, Scott Taylor, Danny Houghton, Chris Satae, Manu Ma’u, Ligi Sao, Joe Cator, Jordan Johnstone, Jordan Lane , Brad Fash, Josh Bowden, Andre Savelio, Mahe Fonua, Cameron Scott, Ratu Naulago, Ben McNamara, Jack Brown

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... an-4708532
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Lockers on the bench instead of G Burgess. At least lockers is versatile & can play anywhere in the middles, forwards & half back come to that! 😊
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Its a miracle...... lockers has miraculously recovered again in time for a big game....... whats the chances?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE