21-man squad vs Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: 21-man squad vs Hull FC

Post by nathan_rugby »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:16 pm I agree that we shouldn't play all three of Lockers, Clubb and G. Burgess. If he's fit to play, Lockers would be on the bench for me. I think Lammy will go with Smithies, Lockers, Flower and Clubb on the bench which means no place for Borough and Tommy playing the whole game at 9. I'd be tempted to play Borough to allow us to spell Tommy/cover for an injury to Tommy or Smith but I can't imagine that Lammy will not play Smithies or leave us with jst one prop on the bench. I'd also be looking at Byrne instead of Clubb if he's recovered from whatever has been the problem recently. Let's all hope that Powell is fit for the final should we get there.
We have so much of a range in quality, effort etc with our forwards that I don't think we can afford a half/hooker on the bench.

Although it is a risk injury wise, if a half or hooker does get injured, lockers will just have to fill and we adjust our game plan accordingly.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I was hoping that we'd seen the last of Burgess (George, that is) this season.
bostonforever

should Lockers be in squad

Post by bostonforever »

dont think lockers is good enough or fit enough to get in this wigan team .they are playing good rugby without him
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I'd like to see Smith start and Tommy at 9. If Tommy needs spelling, Hastings to 9 and Lockers off the bench to cover in the halves.

French
Bibby
Hardaker
Gildart
Burgess
Hastings
Smith
Singleton
Leuluai
Flower
Isa
Farrell
Partington

Smithies
Bullock
O'Loughlin
Clubb

Bullock could have a bigger impact coming on when they start to tire.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:03 pm I'd like to see Smith start and Tommy at 9. If Tommy needs spelling, Hastings to 9 and Lockers off the bench to cover in the halves.

French
Bibby
Hardaker
Gildart
Burgess
Hastings
Smith
Singleton
Leuluai
Flower
Isa
Farrell
Partington

Smithies
Bullock
O'Loughlin
Clubb

Since you've put Bullock on the bench I assume you have watched our last couple of games? Him and Singleton starting has probably been the biggest reason we have played so well.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:32 pm Lockers on the bench instead of G Burgess. At least lockers is versatile & can play anywhere in the middles, forwards & half back come to that! 😊
George is offering nothing so it is a no brainier that Lockers plays.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Amazing all the comments about Powell’s absence, it is not too long ago that he was being rubbished on this forum! One of the first names on the team sheet for me.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Huge blow with Powell not being there can’t underestimate how influential he has become under Lam
josie andrews

Re: should Lockers be in squad

Post by josie andrews »

bostonforever wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm dont think lockers is good enough or fit enough to get in this wigan team .they are playing good rugby without him
I have approved your post, but WHY have you made a separate thread instead of posting in the Squad news thread?

I have move this into the curren thread covering this topic.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:11 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:03 pm I'd like to see Smith start and Tommy at 9. If Tommy needs spelling, Hastings to 9 and Lockers off the bench to cover in the halves.

French
Bibby
Hardaker
Gildart
Burgess
Hastings
Smith
Singleton
Leuluai
Flower
Isa
Farrell
Partington

Smithies
Bullock
O'Loughlin
Clubb

Since you've put Bullock on the bench I assume you have watched our last couple of games? Him and Singleton starting has probably been the biggest reason we have played so well.
I think I explained in my original post. If I hadn't watched our previous games, I don't think I'd be commenting.

I'd like to see the impact he could have against a tiring defence when he's fresh. Hull, with so many big players, seem like a good team to try it against.

Just a thought, nothing to get too worked up about as I don't pick the team :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐