21-man squad vs Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: 21-man squad vs Hull FC

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

What I did think was funny in the first half the commentary saying “wigan at near full strength only Sam Powell missing”

Even they forgot about G Burgess
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Singleton was a fantastic signing him and bullock really lead our line we looked a far better team when they’ve been on the pitch tonight
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jobo

Post by jobo »

Made up for Lam.

Nill trys from Hull, our team overcame a poor set completion, when to be fair, every player got stuck straight back in.

Don't know who's looking after our defence in training but they're doing a fine job.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:01 pm What I did think was funny in the first half the commentary saying “wigan at near full strength only Sam Powell missing”

Even they forgot about G Burgess
and dom and marshy and harvard lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Hastings deserved MoM. Singleton superb. Tommy and Bullock stood out too but great performance AND we got the rub of the green on ref's decisions - not that it would have made any difference to the result
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Did Singleton play 80?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:51 pm Did Singleton play 80?
No he didnt pal....... as morley said we dod get rub of green to be honest....... well chuffed zak scored....... my wigan pkayer of the year
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We only needed 3 points to win that!!!!
That was a complete performance. So so proud of the lads. It made me laugh that Griffin gave away a penalty for patting Partington, when that rule was only introduced because of Partington doing it and annoying everyone! The big difference between us and Warrington was that they let Hull run at them. Our line speed is so good they had nowhere to go.
Wonderful coaching, and a lot to like. I can’t find fault with anyone, but special mention to Clubb, who was more effective tonight than I have seen him for ages.
We can travel in hope!
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Our starting proprs were great and I thought that Partington was immense. He continues to improve and does so much of the hard stuff. Shame to see Flower go off injured, no chance of him playing next week which weakens us a bit. Greenwood back and wait and see about Powell?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Pretty much everyone had a decent game but some have a bit of improvement in them which bodes well for next week.

Smith had a good defensive game and mixed it a bit, fair play to Partington for his discipline, Burgess put in some big hits and Hastings had a stormer at hooker...an Gildart looked much improved.