21-man squad vs Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: 21-man squad vs Hull FC

Post by nathan_rugby »

ManxWarrior wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:52 pm
Firestarter wrote:Hastings at 9???? Not happy with that...... way to creative at half for me
Possibly allows for Tommy to keep his defensive position as I would imagine Hull will try to run over the top of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you saying Hastings defending in the middle of the pitch is better than if Tommy was there playing hooker ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:46 pm Hastings at 9???? Not happy with that...... way to creative at half for me
Surprised me completely.

Probably see him and Tommy swapping throughout the game. Couldn’t see anything other than Tommy starting.

Hope it isn’t a gamble and pays off.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

nathan_rugby wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Hastings at 9???? Not happy with that...... way to creative at half for me
Possibly allows for Tommy to keep his defensive position as I would imagine Hull will try to run over the top of us

Are you saying Hastings defending in the middle of the pitch is better than if Tommy was there playing hooker ?
Not at all. I’m thinking Hull are going to send a lot of big men towards the edges, and Tommy next to Ida is better than Smith next to Ida.

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Southern Softy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:42 pm Good news - Harry Smith gets to start and presumably will play all match with SOL, Flower, Clubb & Smithies on the bench.
I'm a bit worried about Dom being absent from the 21 again, though. Let's get through this one and then we can have Greenwood, Powell and (hopefully) Dom back for the big one.
Manfredi hasn’t played our two previous games (Salford, Saints) and also isn’t involved in this.

Maybe doesn’t deserve to start the final even if he’s fit.

Is he injured or just out of favour ?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

ManxWarrior wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:55 pm
nathan_rugby wrote:

Not at all. I’m thinking Hull are going to send a lot of big men towards the edges, and Tommy next to Ida is better than Smith next to Ida.

Ida? Mrs Robbie Williams? :) :)
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

widdenoldboy wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote: Are you saying Hastings defending in the middle of the pitch is better than if Tommy was there playing hooker ?

Ida? Mrs Robbie Williams? :) :)
Isa.
Would like to blame predictive text, but I will hold my hands up [emoji16][emoji16]

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:46 pm Hastings at 9???? Not happy with that...... way to creative at half for me
Surprised me completely.

Probably see him and Tommy swapping throughout the game. Couldn’t see anything other than Tommy starting.

no, i mean hastings more creative than tommy and has a far better kicking game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

nathan_rugby wrote:

Makes no sense at all.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm
Surprised me completely.

no, i mean hastings more creative than tommy and has a far better kicking game
I agree with you.

Lam must think it’s the best balance of things.