21-man squad vs Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: 21-man squad vs Hull FC

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:22 pm Fingers crossed for dry conditions next two weekends

...and no covid bombs.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:48 pm
Firestarter wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:22 pm Fingers crossed for dry conditions next two weekends

...and no covid bombs.
Yep, just hope sam Powell's back for final( if we make it)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

bertina wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:45 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:32 pm Lockers on the bench instead of G Burgess. At least lockers is versatile & can play anywhere in the middles, forwards & half back come to that! 😊
My pick would be:
French
Bibby
Hardaker
Gildart
Burgess
Hastings
Smith
Bullock
Leuluai
Singleton
Isa
Farrell
Partington
Subs.
Lockers
Flower
Smithies
Byrne

I just don’t think either Burgess or Clubb
Warrant a bench spot based on what we’ve seen.
I'm a big Liam Byrne fan but he hasn't looked right since his covid illness. A bit like Josh Jones at Hull, I'd leave him to get fit for next season and use Clubb for the Hull game.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Rain is forecast for very early morning but dry the rest of the day
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Powell's non-availability leaves Wigan with a conundrum

Which ever way you look at it we are changing a winning line-up

I cannot see Lam making the same mistake as the one that saw Jack Murphy play in such an important fixture as Wane did, With that in mind neither Byrne or Borough should not be selected as neither have played any sort of rugby lately to match the intensity needed for a semi final

I can see Lockers replace Burgess in the last 17 and Clubb will be on the bench

Hastings to hooker? Why not full back and French on the wing and Bibby hooking? It should be a simple swap of Smith for TL and him moving to hooker.

8 Singleton
9 TL
10 Bullock
11 Farrell
12 Isa
13 Partington

14 Clubb
15 Lockers
16 Smithies
17 Flower
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Just another thought, I think we'll need to score at least one extra try than Hull, because they'll turn it into 6 every time with Sneyd, whereas Hardaker's not as reliable and one or two misses could cost us, especially with the pressure on.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Powell out so best replacement is Tommy.
Bring in Smith to replace Tommy, Smiths kicking can turn the game.
Who replaces Greenwood, not Burgess surely, that leaves Lockers or Byrne so it must be Lockers?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:47 pm Powell out so best replacement is Tommy.
Bring in Smith to replace Tommy, Smiths kicking can turn the game.
Who replaces Greenwood, not Burgess surely, that leaves Lockers or Byrne so it must be Lockers?
Burgess of course did 'feature' against Huddersfield, whilst Greenwood was suspended.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:56 pm Powell's non-availability leaves Wigan with a conundrum

Which ever way you look at it we are changing a winning line-up

I cannot see Lam making the same mistake as the one that saw Jack Murphy play in such an important fixture as Wane did, With that in mind neither Byrne or Borough should not be selected as neither have played any sort of rugby lately to match the intensity needed for a semi final

I can see Lockers replace Burgess in the last 17 and Clubb will be on the bench

Hastings to hooker? Why not full back and French on the wing and Bibby hooking? It should be a simple swap of Smith for TL and him moving to hooker.

8 Singleton
9 TL
10 Bullock
11 Farrell
12 Isa
13 Partington

14 Clubb
15 Lockers
16 Smithies
17 Flower
Funny, i was thinking exactly the same regarding murphy....... stick tommy at 9....... smith at 7 then we have 2 kicking options instead of one...... lockers or hastings can always spell tommy if needed
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Tommy will 100% start and play most of the match at hooker.

Hastings filling in at times in previous games is completely different to starting at hooker and playing the full match there.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."