Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Hastings

Post by nathan_rugby »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:44 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:18 pm Beats me that people still single out players especially the kids. Finding fault with even good convincing wins. Everyone who played last night had a job to do and to a man did it to Wigan's standard I thought young Smith was outstanding his vision is great also to come in to pressure game he showed great maturity and he's an exciting prospect. Why not take all the positives of last month and savour them. I for one can only see good times ahead.
It is a forum, some people like to try and analyse performances, tactics etc.

I think Smith has done great this year, he is a real prospect. Just we won doesn't mean I cannot discuss losing Hastings kicking game when playing hooker and that Smith's was off last night and what impact that could have against St Helens.

If we all just said "Well done, good game fter a win and "that was rubbish" after a loss, it wouldn't be a very exciting forum would it.
You seem to offer a stark, binary choice between
If we all just said "Well done, good game after a win"
or
"that was rubbish" after a loss
in an attempt to justify this:
Not on last nights viewing.
- Kick out on the full without any pressure
- High kicks landing 20m out rather than on the goal line
- Kicks caught by fullback/wingers on the full
- Not much range
No middle ground, eh?

If you'd said, "Harry Smith clearly has huge potential, though, as you'd expect at his age, he didn't get everything right...", then I'd be more inclined to read and consider your comments.

But just to list 4 criticisms in the way you did can't be justified by saying "If we all just said Well done..."

For which reason, I totally agree with kitdf.
Context is everything.

My original comment wasn’t quoted so this attack is irrelevant.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."