Forwards vs Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Forwards vs Saints

Post by pedro »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:41 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:28 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:14 pm Forwards v Saints - Bullock, Powell, Singleton, Isa, Farrell, O'Loughlin. Clubb, Partington, Greenwood, Smithies.
We have to go with at least four props and hopefully keep the energy levels at top notch.
Lockers to start as he's THE big game player. Partington unlucky not to start but he should understand why his captain starts.
A tough one but at their place we look fitter then they did the more the game went on. Hopefully that fitness can see us produce the skills to win the GF.
Agreed but swap Lockers and Partington. Much more important to get off to a good start, win possession, rough them up etc.

Lockers can be brought on and help with the link up play once we’ve won the arm wrestle.
I disagree with you both for the following reasons: why change our starting pack when it has proved successful over the past few weeks and Partington’s tackling is essential in nullifying Walmsley’s impact. The one change has got to be Powell to deal with Roby. Sort those two out and we will win.
agreed
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:14 pm Forwards v Saints - Bullock, Powell, Singleton, Isa, Farrell, O'Loughlin. Clubb, Partington, Greenwood, Smithies.
We have to go with at least four props and hopefully keep the energy levels at top notch.
Lockers to start as he's THE big game player. Partington unlucky not to start but he should understand why his captain starts.
A tough one but at their place we look fitter then they did the more the game went on. Hopefully that fitness can see us produce the skills to win the GF.
Agreed but swap Lockers and Partington. Much more important to get off to a good start, win possession, rough them up etc.

Lockers can be brought on and help with the link up play once we’ve won the arm wrestle.
I disagree with you both for the following reasons: why change our starting pack when it has proved successful over the past few weeks and Partington’s tackling is essential in nullifying Walmsley’s impact. The one change has got to be Powell to deal with Roby. Sort those two out and we will win.
I suggested against Lockers in the starting 13 and Partington on the bench... we are in agreement not disagreement.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:36 am

I suggested against Lockers in the starting 13 and Partington on the bench... we are in agreement not disagreement.
Sorry my mistake.