Grand Final 21-man squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Grand Final 21-man squad

Post by jaws1 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:23 pm Like has been said I’d rather the bloody drop goal had gone over french will be gutted he was magnificent all night and just switched off for a second

It was a brilliant game from start to finish - the ending didn’t suit the manner in which the game was played

The ref did not effect the outcome

Both teams were absolutely evenly matched and it took a piece of ridiculousness to settle it

I’m devastated but we played our part in what has to be the best grand final ever
Do you not think he was pushed out of the way he was appealing to the ref.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

A great game of rugby league, all 34 players gave it everything. The biggest difference between the two sides was the bounce of the ball or should I say the woodwork. Saints never looked like crossing the whitewash, we created several chances but our execution wasn’t good enough. Had we had 50% of the ball then I am convinced we would have won comfortably.

On to 2021, congratulations to Saints (said through gritted teeth), we will be there or thereabouts next season.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:24 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:23 pm Like has been said I’d rather the bloody drop goal had gone over french will be gutted he was magnificent all night and just switched off for a second

It was a brilliant game from start to finish - the ending didn’t suit the manner in which the game was played

Both teams were absolutely evenly matched and it took a piece of ridiculousness to settle it

I’m devastated but we played our part in what has to be the best grand final ever
i thought french was mom
French was superb tonight! For me, I've always thought Willie Isa was 'a good squad player' at best but, I thought he was immense tonight. Worked extremely hard consistently IMO.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Lockers deserved better than that ending.

Poor decision by Kendal, many other highs let go.

Use it as motivation for next year.....

No fault on French the ball took a freak bounce into Welsby's arms - nothing he could have done , when the Universe is against you....
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

jaws1 wrote:

Have to love Carney’s summary on the final try. He had a lot to do after elbowing French out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

It was nice to see French crying and Jacko totally gutted. Shows what Wigan means to those guys and they haven’t really experienced us lot yet. Can’t wait to support these guys in the stands and at old Trafford next year.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:18 pm We cannot fault any endeavour or effort from the ENTIRE 17 tonight. It was certainly heart breaking and controversial how we lost, but surely no one can dispute that we gave 100% tonight.
Id agree,ive been critical of French and his defence before tonight though he was immense typically the one time wigan needed that extra split second of pace he was caught in 2 minds and even then he nearly got back for it.

The wife thought he was pushed out of the way..im not so sure though 50/50
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Yes but nothing you don’t see welsby wanted it more - french was looking for it to bobble out his head was in extra time - french was our best player tonight I might add but He had clocked off for that try welsby hadnt
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
CheshireWarrior

I'm hoping Stains will accept a polite invitation from down under and get walloped by Melbourne in the WCC like Leeds in 2018! :lol:
CheshireWarrior

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:32 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:18 pm We cannot fault any endeavour or effort from the ENTIRE 17 tonight. It was certainly heart breaking and controversial how we lost, but surely no one can dispute that we gave 100% tonight.
Id agree,ive been critical of French and his defence before tonight though he was immense typically the one time wigan needed that extra split second of pace he was caught in 2 minds and even then he nearly got back for it.

The wife thought he was pushed out of the way..im not so sure though 50/50
I think the 50/50 is equally applied to Welsby's offside and Zak's conversion (it goes in your favour or it doesnt).