Grand Final 21-man squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Grand Final 21-man squad

Post by Wintergreen »

Ultimately this game, this SEASON, comes down to whether you want to accept that IF a player "goes down", and there is a break in play, that the referee can use that time to examine video plays.

If you accept this then maybe Wigan deserved to lose

If you do not, then Wigan would be winners.

End.

That's a pretty big "if" in my opinion.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Warrior20 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:02 pm Whoever decided to kick at goal for the penalty wants firing. Absolutely ridiculous to try from there when they could have kicked to touch and played for the drop goal. Final nail in the coffin for Lam hopefully, terrible tactics in a big match again.
We have seen the best game of rugby this year and you want the coach gone if anything it will give him a new contract.The kick at goal did not come from Lam.
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

Can you imagine if we had a fully fit squad with marshy playing.
Can’t wait to do the lot next year with fans
2020 shit year for top supporters
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

CheshireWarrior wrote:
Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:24 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:23 pm Like has been said I’d rather the bloody drop goal had gone over french will be gutted he was magnificent all night and just switched off for a second

It was a brilliant game from start to finish - the ending didn’t suit the manner in which the game was played

The ref did not effect the outcome

Both teams were absolutely evenly matched and it took a piece of ridiculousness to settle it

I’m devastated but we played our part in what has to be the best grand final ever
i thought french was mom
French was superb tonight! For me, I've always thought Willie Isa was 'a good squad player' at best but, I thought he was immense tonight. Worked extremely hard consistently IMO.
Agreed. Thought he was a machine in defence.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

People whinging about the ref please stop - you get some calls you cop some calls the game was there to easily be won on the field tonight but you had two sides playing outstanding defence
lol
We can just be beaten in a game and it not be someone’s fault - Bevan french switched off at the end - is it his fault we lost no absolutely not as he was a rock all night

It was a really hard game - the ref did a decent job imo we lost we were pipped at the post it was still a great game - first time in a long time I’ve been glued to a match throughout - I’m gutted yes but cmon let’s not play the ref card - we are better than that
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:45 pm
Warrior20 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:02 pm Whoever decided to kick at goal for the penalty wants firing. Absolutely ridiculous to try from there when they could have kicked to touch and played for the drop goal. Final nail in the coffin for Lam hopefully, terrible tactics in a big match again.
We have seen the best game of rugby this year and you want the coach gone if anything it will give him a new contract.The kick at goal did not come from Lam.
Agreed 100%! Lam is building at Wigan, no one can be critical of the players or Lam on that performance. The man looked sincerly devastated when being interviewed. I have faith in Lam for 2021.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:People whinging about the ref please stop - you get some calls you cop some calls the game was there to easily be won on the field tonight but you had two sides playing outstanding defence
lol
We can just be beaten in a game and it not be someone’s fault - Bevan french switched off at the end - is it his fault we lost no absolutely not as he was a rock all night

It was a really hard game - the ref did a decent job imo we lost we were pipped at the post it was still a great game - first time in a long time I’ve been glued to a match throughout - I’m gutted yes but cmon let’s not play the ref card - we are better than that
Things are what they are. If the ref made a wrong call that led to points scored you can’t undo that anymore than you can undo the stupid decision to go for a penalty. Personally in my opinion the penalty decision was the turning point at the death. Idiotic. Don’t do that and there would be no offside to debate but if RL had VAR that was not a try.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

DaveO wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:54 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:People whinging about the ref please stop - you get some calls you cop some calls the game was there to easily be won on the field tonight but you had two sides playing outstanding defence
lol

Things are what they are. If the ref made a wrong call that led to points scored you can’t undo that anymore than you can undo the stupid decision to go for a penalty. Personally in my opinion the penalty decision was the turning point at the death. Idiotic. Don’t do that and there would be no offside to debate but if RL had VAR that was not a try.
I agree Dave I said same thing - I didn’t understand the penalty decision- especially as Zak has been in poor form kicking over the last 3-4 games

I suppose it’s one of those though - it goes over and wigan win the match and it looks like a great decision
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:54 pm
lol

I agree Dave I said same thing - I didn’t understand the penalty decision- especially as Zak has been in poor form kicking over the last 3-4 games

I suppose it’s one of those though - it goes over and wigan win the match and it looks like a great decision
I don’t even think kicking from there should have been a consideration on 78 minutes. Pat Richards would not have been odds on for a kick like that after such an intense game.
jobo

Post by jobo »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:26 pm
jobo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:12 pm
Was a bad decision, terrible really.
Dont think Lam made the call .
To be fair, he should have made the call, kick to touch. At that stage of the game, percentages are everything.

Anyhow, think I'll just seethe until next season and with the squad we've assembled I think, we'll blow every other team out of the water.