Grand Final 21-man squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Grand Final 21-man squad

Post by No straw damn us »

Danny McGuire who played alongside Hardaker expected him to kick it. But the keyboard assassins on here know differently. :oops:
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

It must have been halfway through the "magnificent eight" period when I stopped having nightmares about the 1971 championship final. After that, they're coming back!

I had convinced myself that to have so much bad luck in the biggest game of all must be a once in a lifetime occurrence. But it was all there again! Agonizing near misses, normally reliable goalkicker fluffs his lines, and a fluky last second try from a desperate kick to snatch it away. And against THEM again!

Lightning does strike twice.

Better get some sleeping pills...
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

The Yonner wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:20 pm It must have been halfway through the "magnificent eight" period when I stopped having nightmares about the 1971 championship final. After that, they're coming back!

I had convinced myself that to have so much bad luck in the biggest game of all must be a once in a lifetime occurrence. But it was all there again! Agonizing near misses, normally reliable goalkicker fluffs his lines, and a fluky last second try from a desperate kick to snatch it away. And against THEM again!

Lightning does strike twice.

Better get some sleeping pills...
I'llmanage on several Leffe's 8-)
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

That was tough and hard to take right at the death like that ! But a fantastic GF, unbelievable D and we had some chances. With Marshall/Manfredi we win.
Please no blame game, nobody deserves that !
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I still cant believe the penalty for Hastings “High tackle” Kendall was letting it go, Touch judge seen a replay and called it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.... Zaks conversion goes over instead of hitting the bar then saints don't even attempt the 1 pointer. What an advert for rugby league though. I firmly believe we will be unstoppable next season.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:11 pm Danny McGuire who played alongside Hardaker expected him to kick it. But the keyboard assassins on here know differently. :oops:
What a magnificent game of Rugby League a privilege to have watched it. A certain friend of ours Brian can only come on and point the finger . Gutted is not the word but what a match .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 pm Ultimately this game, this SEASON, comes down to whether you want to accept that IF a player "goes down", and there is a break in play, that the referee can use that time to examine video plays.

If you accept this then maybe Wigan deserved to lose

If you do not, then Wigan would be winners.

End.

That's a pretty big "if" in my opinion.
Didn't the touchy make the high tackle call?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Great game. Proud of the team and the coach.

Saints have to know that their time is over. Had to rely on blind luck and dodgy penalty to get close this year compared to a genuine good team last season. They won't be close next season.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:11 pm Danny McGuire who played alongside Hardaker expected him to kick it. But the keyboard assassins on here know differently. :oops:
yet he didnt make the shorter kick earlier :roll:
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Mike wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:50 am
Wintergreen wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 pm Ultimately this game, this SEASON, comes down to whether you want to accept that IF a player "goes down", and there is a break in play, that the referee can use that time to examine video plays.

If you accept this then maybe Wigan deserved to lose

If you do not, then Wigan would be winners.

End.

That's a pretty big "if" in my opinion.
Didn't the touchy make the high tackle call?
Yes, but ultimately the ref gave it.

My point is that if the player didn't stay down, then the penalty would not have been given.