Lam too emotional?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Lam too emotional?

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:52 am Darryl van der Velde, Liked to kick the odd bucket around :D
Yes but Craig Bellamy is a top coach :lol:
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Showed he is in it heart and soul.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Mike wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:40 pm I've noticed Lam showing an unusual amount of emotion recently. Anger and disappointment close to years. It's good to see he cares, but should coaches have a more level head? What would it be like to work for somebody who reacts so emotionally to situations? I wonder if this could be an issue?
What a silly thread this is.Each to his own style.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

jao711 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:45 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:40 pm I've noticed Lam showing an unusual amount of emotion recently. Anger and disappointment close to years. It's good to see he cares, but should coaches have a more level head? What would it be like to work for somebody who reacts so emotionally to situations? I wonder if this could be an issue?
What a silly thread this is.Each to his own style.
. If Lam was over emotional Woolfe was ringing the bell.One wins,one loses.Who was over emotional?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I don't care whether Lam is emotional or not. |What I do care about is seeing him screaming, shouting and holding his head in his hands when his team makes an error and doing nothing about altering what is happening on the field. Even when a communication device was pushed in front of him, he ignored it.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Southern Softy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:47 pm I don't care whether Lam is emotional or not. |What I do care about is seeing him screaming, shouting and holding his head in his hands when his team makes an error and doing nothing about altering what is happening on the field. Even when a communication device was pushed in front of him, he ignored it.
What do you expect him to say in that situation? Don't knock it on? Don't overrun the pass?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I expect him to be a coach and leave the reactions to the fans.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Madge and Wane were emotional...didnt do them any harm
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 am I expect him to be a coach and leave the reactions to the fans.
Are you joking.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

To clarify.
As I said originally, I don't mind how he reacts in the stands where he spends his time but if all he does is to react with gestures, head-shaking and the like and not actually communicate, then is that enough from a coach who is supposed to be able to influence the team both before and during the match?
If everyone's happy with that, then that's OK.