When are season tickets on sale?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: When are season tickets on sale?

Post by fozzieskem »

It was pure guesswork in my part but it does seem that the ridiculous situation with the dw stadium is having an impact of season tickets sales let alone the poor staff,the sooner that gets sorted the better for all.

Such a shame Those idiots in charge of the sale couldn’t offload the DW on its own this must be impacting the football club as well as Wigan?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Its good to read an official update from the club. Up until this, I was a little sceptical as other SL clubs (Warrington and Salford) and possibly others now, released details/prices and put their memberships on sale.

With everything occurring in the world currently, I'm personally happy to wait until it is viable and safe (impossible to predict when obs).

My only concern from a personal perspective is losing my allocated seat (as its central and on the end of a row). I suppose like everything only time will tell. Will be excited to actually to have a 2021 season ticket though, will make it feel like a return isn't a millions miles off (hopefully).
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Season ticket update

Wigan Warriors can confirm that sales of season tickets for the forthcoming 2021 Betfred Super League season are set to launch as soon as possible in the new year.

The Club have been planning at length for a series of different scenarios to try and facilitate the hundreds of queries we have already received from supporters who are keen to secure their seat for an exciting season ahead.

However, despite willingness from all parties to make it happen, due to the continued closure of the DW Stadium Ticket Office as a result of the stadium management company being in administration, we have taken the decision not to go ahead with a backup plan of putting tickets on sale pre-Christmas via temporary contact points.

We will instead look forward to working with the relevant parties to open sales via the usual channels that fans are familiar with using, following the Christmas and new year break.

When sales commence, supporters who requested credit on file for the unused portion of their 2020 season ticket will have that automatically added to their customer record before sales begin, meaning that their price will be reduced by the equivalent of the ten games they weren’t able to see this year.

We urge supporters to keep an eye on our official website and social media channels in January for further sales window updates, with plans also in place to contact existing season ticket holders by email and post (where we have one or both records on file) to ensure that the information reaches every home as intended.

Though the DW Stadium Ticket Office is currently closed, fans are able to update their contact information and link their account with friends and family to assist with the sales process by logging into our online ticketing site here. If you cannot access the site for any reason, please email ticketoffice@dwstadium.com to ensure that your issue can be resolved as soon as possible when the DW Stadium Ticket Office re-opens.

Wigan Warriors would like to thank all Cherry and White fans for their outstanding support throughout an extremely difficult year for everyone. In such unprecedented times for sport and Rugby League, the Club would like to thank everyone for their patience and co-operation, and we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/12/ ... et-update/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I know I will get some calling me "not a true fan" (whatever one of those is) but I will NOT be purchasing a season ticket

No arrangements for any fixtures can be guaranteed whatsoever even less sitting where and with whom you want. Facilities? Marshaling drunken idiots in and out of the male latrines whilst you wait for your turn - not a chance. Food? Gambling kiosks? Even worse

As sad as it is, clubs are hanging on the false hopes they can sell you something in season tickets that they cannot assure anyone they will be able to fulfill. Carried the cost this season - will not next.

Perhaps the club should start a "go fund me" pages so those "real fans" with more money than sense can gift it away at their leisure . Me? I'm a realist, no one is going to be viewing live RL games any time soon along the M62 corridor
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Come the start of the season I'd imagine a fair few of us will have had the Covid 19 vaccine. That could change if not everything but most things. We may end up with vaccination certificates or proof of negative test results. Should the Oxford/AZ vaccine become available in January that will improve matters dramatically due to its convenient nature.

I want to get back to watching games at the DW and will go along with a few things which would not be too onerous. Looking after a couple of youngsters will determine how we go but they will have their season tickets renewed as well as us.

Glad the club could give us some info.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:42 pm Been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I know I will get some calling me "not a true fan" (whatever one of those is) but I will NOT be purchasing a season ticket

No arrangements for any fixtures can be guaranteed whatsoever even less sitting where and with whom you want. Facilities? Marshaling drunken idiots in and out of the male latrines whilst you wait for your turn - not a chance. Food? Gambling kiosks? Even worse

As sad as it is, clubs are hanging on the false hopes they can sell you something in season tickets that they cannot assure anyone they will be able to fulfill. Carried the cost this season - will not next.

Perhaps the club should start a "go fund me" pages so those "real fans" with more money than sense can gift it away at their leisure . Me? I'm a realist, no one is going to be viewing live RL games any time soon along the M62 corridor
Well from everything you can read the expect everything to be back to normal in spring due to vaccines.

If that happens who knows the gov have made a mess of everything else in 2020.

No one can have a moan about people not buying tickets this year though, every one will be feeling the double wammy of the pandemic and transition period ending financially next year.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Warrington and Cheshire going into tier 4. Two new variants of Covid and little information about vaccinations yet. Call me a gloom-monger but I think that season ticket situation is a bit fluid at the moment. Do not worry though, we can spend that money on Sky so that they can screw us.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Levrier wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:25 pm Warrington and Cheshire going into tier 4. Two new variants of Covid and little information about vaccinations yet. Call me a gloom-monger but I think that season ticket situation is a bit fluid at the moment. Do not worry though, we can spend that money on Sky so that they can screw us.
thats because culcheth is like leigh town centre at the moment
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Post by pedro »

Levrier wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:25 pm Warrington and Cheshire going into tier 4. Two new variants of Covid and little information about vaccinations yet. Call me a gloom-monger but I think that season ticket situation is a bit fluid at the moment. Do not worry though, we can spend that money on Sky so that they can screw us.
dont think it is
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pedro wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:46 pm
dont think it is
Correct they’re tier 3.

As for the season ticket situation I too can see another season of disruption a d I have to say that the club postponing for whatever reason the on sale date for tickets is the right one.

I doubt that we will be able in any great number be able to attend matches at least till the summer months,I certainly my wouldn’t blame anyone of renewing their tickets this season that’s for sure