When are season tickets on sale?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

When are season tickets on sale?

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The answer may be that no one on here knows, but I was wondering if anyone has any clue? I usually give one as a Christmas present, so was hoping we would hear before then...
wall_of_voodoo

Re: When are season tickets on sale?

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

What use would a season ticket be when we are semi stuck in either a full lockdown or a level 3 tier
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

It's a good question as I'm sure Salford and Warrington memberships are on sale.

Surely an announcement for fans will be released soon (especially for fans looking to renew).
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:35 pm What use would a season ticket be when we are semi stuck in either a full lockdown or a level 3 tier
I think the club are playing it the right way at present, theres little point to go after season ticket monies when theres more than a good chance crowds will at least be restricted time will telll but I wonder if the club are waiting to see how things pan out?

I do hope the club dont use V12 finance this time round..my lad was interested in a season ticket but didn't fancy lumping a big payment out so tried them for finance..perfect credit history but got rejected that was a couple of years ago, tried again last year same thing..no rhyme or reason.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The club are already sorting out the season tickets.

This is part of an email I received
The handful of people that have been able to renew so far are a niche group of fans who are on the auto renewal scheme but asked for a refund of their 2020 season ticket credit. As we’d be refunding those fans, only to automatically take their 2021 payment only a month or so later, we gave those fans the option of paying the nominal difference in price to save two lots of admin, so we’re pleased to have signed up our first few season ticket holders that way, but we’ll be making it open to everyone else to secure their usual seat as soon as possible.

We’ll make sure that the news goes out via as many contact points as possible, so that you can get the news quickly and renew as soon as you’d like.
I hope this helps answer your question 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Thanks for the info Josie. I suppose right now no one knows when crowds will be allowed in full, as some season ticket holders might not be allowed to attend, if there's restricted numbers.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:02 pm Thanks for the info Josie. I suppose right now no one knows when crowds will be allowed in full, as some season ticket holders might not be allowed to attend, if there's restricted numbers.
The way things are going nobody will be able to watch games, at least at the start of the season.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Thanks for the update. From my perspective, I would buy ours whether or not there is much prospect of being able to use them. I think that’s very unlikely, as with the government having been so quick with the vaccine, and the likelihood that the Oxford one can be rolled out at the start of next year, we will be pretty much back to normal by Easter. Even if not, that’s a risk I don’t mind taking. I am slightly surprised they haven’t announced anything about this for people like me who like to pay out once a year for season tickets, but I am not complaining - we all have far more pressing matters to worry about!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’m the same we will be renewing probably after Xmas (even if they’re won’t on sale now)but renew we will

That said I doubt there that crowds will be back to anything like normal till late summer but if clubs,not just Wigan,concentrate on getting home fans in first and foremost then let us start to go travel to away as soon as is safe to do so the better it’ll be.

The email Josie received makes a lot of sense why do things twice and I’d assume the issues with the DW are playing their part as well maybe?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

There is a good update on the website about season tickets. I had not appreciated that the ticket office was closed because of the football lot being bust. So, we just wait and see. Fingers crossed for the Oxford jab to get the green light, and then we can sort this out by Easter!