Wigan Warriors duo linked with London Broncos

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Warriors duo linked with London Broncos

Post by Firestarter »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:56 am
Levrier wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:44 am My issue was that we brought in another player who offered no more in that centre position and who did not have the ability to kick goals. Ok Hankinson is no winger but that was not an issue at the time. I agree that neither of them offer what we have at present at centre but it always seemed a bit arbitrary that Hankinson did not get more game time when it was a toss up between Bibby and him. It is a shame that at the time we signed Hank Leigh were letting several other players go who went on to have much more impact in SuperLeague. I always get the feeling that we missed the boat.
Which players from Leigh were those?
I reckon hes thinking ben crooks
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I think the future looks a little bleak for Jake Shorrocks too.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:59 am
Levrier wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:44 am My issue was that we brought in another player who offered no more in that centre position and who did not have the ability to kick goals. Ok Hankinson is no winger but that was not an issue at the time. I agree that neither of them offer what we have at present at centre but it always seemed a bit arbitrary that Hankinson did not get more game time when it was a toss up between Bibby and him. It is a shame that at the time we signed Hank Leigh were letting several other players go who went on to have much more impact in SuperLeague. I always get the feeling that we missed the boat.
I was thinking more along the lines of Peter Mata'utia who has shown himself to be a pretty good centre/fullback and Josh Drinkwater the previous season..
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Levrier wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:51 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:59 am

I was thinking more along the lines of Peter Mata'utia who has shown himself to be a pretty good centre/fullback and Josh Drinkwater the previous season..
Wasnt we linked with drinkwater at one point? I dont think hes all that tbh...... matautia is pretty decent though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE