Bibby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Bibby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The booze hound wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:54 am Load of rubbish. What does maximum speed effort mean, over what distance, in what conditions?
Load of rubbish because it doesn’t fit your narrative in Bibby?

There won’t be a min / max distance and you expect them to publish conditions? Come on, it’s not the 100m finals in the Olympics.

All the players will wear the nano tech vests that pick up all kinds of stats. It will have just pulled in from that.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:15 am
The booze hound wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:54 am Load of rubbish. What does maximum speed effort mean, over what distance, in what conditions?

There won’t be a min / max distance and you expect them to publish conditions? Come on, it’s not the 100m finals in the Olympics.

All the players will wear the nano tech vests that pick up all kinds of stats. It will have just pulled in from that.
so we dont know what its tracked on obviously? Its not speed off the mark and not speed full out? So is it a load of rubbish? Ide say yes...... just sounds like stats to suite(eg putting your hand on a tackled player and classing it as a completed tackle by the hand on player)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:46 am

so we dont know what its tracked on obviously? Its not speed off the mark and not speed full out? So is it a load of rubbish? Ide say yes...... just sounds like stats to suite(eg putting your hand on a tackled player and classing it as a completed tackle by the hand on player)
It is this isnt it? its top speed so therefore the top speeds that players have attained during the season. Means that French during the season has not reached the same top speed Bibby has - now that might only be one game in which bibby achieved that but still he clearly did which i think is interesting.

Normally a top speed marker would favour taller players with a larger stride length - but bibby is a shorter player.

To me it suggests Bibby is capable of having pretty good pace and maybe get him working with a sprint coach to tidy up technique
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I know nothing about the science behind fitness training (so I'm in good company), but a quick check on Google gives some insights. Here's my attempt at making sense of the Bibby stats:

Sprinters want to put in "maximum speed effort" (mse) to get every last ounce of effort into their 10 or 20 second run. It doesn't matter if their knackered or not at the end of it, that's an issue of recovery.

To have any RL player put in mse with the try line in sight, is clearly desirable. On the other hand, it's also pretty useful to have someone who can run faster than anyone else. Even better if they can do it with minimum effort, so there's something in reserve....Bevan French?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

he didnt come top 4 at Wigan at the sprints at the start of the season, Burgess walked them
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:11 am

he didnt come top 4 at Wigan at the sprints at the start of the season, Burgess walked them
Yes i heard that...... burgess would beat bevan hands down at 100 metres but at 50, probably not....... i like bibby, lets not get me wrong...... hes been solid at centre...... i honestly believe that faz would give him a close run in a sprint
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jobo

Post by jobo »

I reckon Booze Hound has asked a reasonable question. Do you know what "maximum speed effort" means?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Any bet £20 French v Bibby i will take FRench 50 meters standing start ??
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

She blinded me with science....dee dum dum dum ...she blinded me with science. Miss Jones You're beautiful. She blinded me with science. :ugeek: Oh, they do not write them like that any more. :ugeek:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:11 am

Just because Bibby recorded the top speed doesn't mean he would win in a race over a given distance...
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."