Bibby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Re: Bibby

Post by The booze hound »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:15 am
The booze hound wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:54 am Load of rubbish. What does maximum speed effort mean, over what distance, in what conditions?
Load of rubbish because it doesn’t fit your narrative in Bibby?

There won’t be a min / max distance and you expect them to publish conditions? Come on, it’s not the 100m finals in the Olympics.

All the players will wear the nano tech vests that pick up all kinds of stats. It will have just pulled in from that.
Could you please tell me my narrative in Bibby? I am unaware I had one.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Its good news for Bibby. I see him more as a centre than winger myself. The twitter post in question doesn't really paint a clear picture overall though IMO.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I'd be more impressed if he could catch the ball, no matter how fast he runs.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Having read a bit more into this stat, it would appear to me that Martin Offiah wouldn't have made the top 15.
:shock:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

French is quick of the mark and gets to his top speed quickly, i dont think he is the quickest player going,

Bibby could easily be quicker but if it takes a while to get to that speed its only going to matter if he has time to reach his top speed.

The best example of this is from Charnley a few years ago vs hull FC.

Shaul who is very quick of the mark and a quick player made a break and looked like he was guarenteed a try but charnley who was not as quick of the mark caught him easily when he got to full pelt.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

That would all depend on distance. Robinson was lightening over the first 10/15 metres but nowhere over 100. Those first 10 are where you make all the breaks.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

From what ive seen bibby isnt quick off the mark or over 20-50 yards
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Don't get this post. Why knock the lad.he has not said he's the fastest someone else with shxt all else do with his time as come up with it. He's one of ours and should be congratulated for someone saying it even being right or not . Why find something negative about him out of a good thing. For my money scored some good tries showing he's no slouch and has handy step.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:21 pm Don't get this post. Why knock the lad.he has not said he's the fastest someone else with shxt all else do with his time as come up with it. He's one of ours and should be congratulated for someone saying it even being right or not . Why find something negative about him out of a good thing. For my money scored some good tries showing he's no slouch and has handy step.
Exactly! Well said.

Didn’t see any Complaints when they flashed the same up in origin and Josh Addo-Carr was number 1 with 35kmph
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I can recall the sudden break he made thru the Salford defence that led to the first of Bevans tries, he was certainly moving then and I would suggest slowed down a little, or ran out of a bit of steam perhaps, to allow Bevan to catch up and take his pass.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.