Partington: We will keep building

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Partington: We will keep building

Post by josie andrews »

Ollie Partington reflects on the 2020 season and maps out his targets for 2021.

Partington: “I think we can do it all with the team we have got.”

2021 season to begin on March 11th.

Ollie Partington believes the current Wigan Warriors squad has the ability to challenge for everything on offer in 2021.

The 22-year-old played 13 games throughout the 2020 season, as Adrian Lam’s team won the League Leaders’ Shield and reached the Betfred Super League Grand Final.

Partington is pleased with how the Warriors have improved in the last two years under Lam’s tenure, and states they have what it takes to get their hands on the big prize at the end of the 2021 campaign.

He said: “I think we can do it all with the team we have got. From where we have come from, the way we finished last season is a big achievement, so we will keep building. My focus is on that Grand Final and doing my bit for the team.

It was a really good season but there is room for improvement. We were building before lockdown, and after that we just got better each week, which showed towards the back-end of the season when we got some really good wins.”

On a personal note, the prop believes he is always improving and is grateful for the amount of game time he has received since making his debut in 2018.

“I feel like I’ve got better each year, which is credit to the opportunities I have been given. I’m ready to keep going and keep getting better.”

The 2021 campaign will see the return of forward John Bateman, who has been handed the No.13 jersey.

Partington revealed his excitement of linking up again with two-time Super League winner.

“He is a great player to be alongside and he’s one of my mates. I know how much he loves Wigan and wants to win.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/12/ ... -building/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Re: Partington: We will keep building

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I always feel more enthusiastic when I read statements of intent from players like Partington who lead from the front and give it their all!
ddtftf

Re: Partington: We will keep building

Post by ddtftf »

Its so good to see a player with ambition to be a Wigan player great prospect with a great engine