Hank to Broncos

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Hank to Broncos

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:27 pm Because it is a loan, could Wigan be expecting Gildart to sign for an Austraiian club for 2022?
They may be but I would think that they would want to replace Gilly with a player of similar quality.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Maybe if Hankinson got a run of a few consecutive games we would see how good he is. One thing for sure is he’s a better goal kicker than Gildart. He may also help with the salary cap which would certainly please Mr Lenagan ( another £500,000 contribution )
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Yet interestingly not 1 coach or club in Super League was prepared to offer him a deal, maybe professionally they know more than us on here and by design think he's more Championship standard.
I'd definitely be more than concerned if anyone at the helm of our club, think he's a replacement for Gildart, goalkicker or not.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:52 am Maybe if Hankinson got a run of a few consecutive games we would see how good he is. One thing for sure is he’s a better goal kicker than Gildart. He may also help with the salary cap which would certainly please Mr Lenagan ( another £500,000 contribution )
So what if he’s a better goal kicker than Gildart? Gildart isn’t our goal kicker so it’s an irrelevant comparison.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

If Wigan have extended Hankinsons contract it’s yet another poor decision from the club.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:14 am Yet interestingly not 1 coach or club in Super League was prepared to offer him a deal, maybe professionally they know more than us on here and by design think he's more Championship standard.
I'd definitely be more than concerned if anyone at the helm of our club, think he's a replacement for Gildart, goalkicker or not.
Yet fans on here who have never played rugby at amateur level never mind professional think otherwise.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

I cannot comment on Hanks ability other than saying that he has seemed solid when played in position. What interests me is his contract. Has it been extended? If the extension is only one year then why the loan? If the extension is two years then what does it say about our future plans. It would suggest a lack of vision. I agree that Hankinson needs to play regularly but unless he is earmarked for the reserves I just cannot work out his future role with us.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

As far as I know Oliver Gildart has not signed for an Australian club so replacing him is the irrelevance not having a reliable goalkicker. How many games did Frano Botica and more recently Pat Richards win with goalkicks. With tries becoming harder to get , 4 pts must be turned into 6 on a regular basis. That is the point I was trying to make
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Hamk is a very good goal kicker, a solid centre and seems to be a really nice bloke. However, he simply isn't fast enough to be a top class super league centre and there is nothing that he or the club can do about it. I wish him all the best for the future but hope that the club isn't in the position where it will be relying on him to play in the first team next season.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I've read more than one post regarding Hankinson's ability to slot a conversion and his performance when playing. There's little doubt this fella can kick a goal (and IMO this is the only attribute we are certain of). Its hard to write any comment on here about his performances because they are so little and sparse. I personally think that when he has played, he never looked in the same calibre as Gildart or Hardaker. We have had enough injuries since Hankinson has been here for him to establish himself further. I would imagine Lam has simply decided he doesn't fit and tbh, his lack of game time over the past two years paints a very clear picture. I think he will be better suited to a competitive championship club like London.