Marshall: On track

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Marshall: On track

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Marshall gives an update on how his recovery is going after suffering a knee injury back in September.

Marshall: “It will be good to put last year behind me and have a good 2021.”

Warriors returned to pre-season training at Robin Park Arena this week.

Liam Marshall is looking forward to getting back out on the pitch this year after a knee injury brought his season to an abrupt end in 2020.

After suffering an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury against Castleford Tigers in September, the 24-year-old winger is pleased with how his recovery is going and hopes to be back in full training by April.

Marshall believes he is currently on target to reach his return date.

He said: “It is going well, I am on track to where I want to be. I’ve set myself little milestones. I am scheduled to be back in full training in April, but I’ll be able to do the lighter stuff before. It will be good to put last year behind me and have a good 2021.”

Whilst the younger members of the Warriors first team squad returned to pre-season training this week, Marshall’s recovery schedule is more than well underway after he attended Robin Park Arena before Christmas.

“The more time I rest, the more I have to catch up – this is a crucial part to get to where I need to be. I’m excited to get back fit, anything that comes after that will be a plus. Hopefully we will have team success and do something special this year.

Towards the end of last season, I didn’t see much of the lads. You can be in your own bubble when you’re injured – just doing your own thing. It is tough when they are preparing for a big game and you’re not part of it, but I’ve been pretty positive and hopefully it won’t be long until I’m back.”

To experience a full interactive display of exciting content that helps to bring our new badge and its story to life, visit our badge microsite now.

Get your hands on the new look by checking out our 2021 hummel replica kits, training range and travel wear in our online store.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/01/ ... -on-track/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pearsy

Re: Marshall: On track

Post by pearsy »

Might be ready for the start of the season if it gets put back again ?