Navarrete leaves Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Navarrete leaves Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors can confirm that prop forward Romain Navarrete has left the Club and signed for Betfred Championship side London Broncos on a permanent deal.

The 26-year-old French international joined Wigan in 2017 and went on to make 59 appearances, including the 2018 Betfred Super League Grand Final win over Warrington Wolves.

The Club would like to thank Romain for his efforts at the Warriors and wishes him well for the future.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/01/ ... ves-wigan/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Re: Navarrete leaves Wigan

Post by Wiganer Ted »

His loan deals suggested he would be on his way out. As a Wigan GF winning player I thank him for his efforts and wish him well for the future.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

When ever i see

The Club would like to thank Romain for his efforts at the Warriors and wishes him well for the future.

I always wonder whats gone on that we aren't aware of.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Do people think they are getting rid of the dead wood for cost cutting or another signing?
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Getting rid of the surplus and at same time getting the wage bill down. Probably Mitch Clark will be next. But think we could do with another prop or centre/ winger.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pearsy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:34 pm Do people think they are getting rid of the dead wood for cost cutting or another signing?
It is for the prop with no name :D
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Cant say I'm surprised at all, well down the pecking order now. No point in having another 'Escare episode'!!!
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

It is a shame that a player who should have been reaching his peak at 26/27 has not kicked on.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Do we need another prop? Burgess and clarke hardly played last season and with the likes of harvard and byrne coming through, and with the signing of singleton...... i think it definitely should be a winger
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:13 pm When ever i see

I always wonder whats gone on that we aren't aware of.
Why would you think that? Maybe I’m naive but just seems the right and respectful thing to say.