Jai Field has been a 'stand-out' in training for Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Jai Field has been a 'stand-out' in training for Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Farrell has only spent a week training with Jai Field, but has already seen enough to think the Aussie signing will be a strike weapon for Wigan this year.

The 23-year-old has already caught Farrell’s eye with his blistering pace and footwork.

And the forward said: “We’ve done a lot of small-sided games and skills, and it looks like that’s his go-to area.

“If he goes anything like he’s done in the skills games, I think he’ll fit in really well in Super League.

“ He’s already shown us what he can do.

“It’s not just his pace, it’s his agility, his ability to beat a man – in these games I’d say he’s been the stand-out player for us and hopefully he can bring that to the team.

“It may be a bit of a shock for him at first, with the weather, but when the pitches get dry I think he’ll be a real threat for us.”

Wigan posted a picture on social media revealing Farrell once again topped the yoyo test – an endurance fitness drill, running between markers.

But the 30-year-old played down his effort, saying: “There are a lot of fit lads here, such as Zak, Batty and Jai, and we do a lot of different testing.

“Everyone competes with each other, and that’s the main thing we get out of it.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... rs-3120597
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan