Burgess leaves on medical grounds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Burgess leaves on medical grounds

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:49 pm I bet he’s gutted. A pity we didn’t get to see him fully fit playing for us. I hope he makes a full recovery whether he plays again or not but whatever the future holds for him, I hope he’s not permanently adversely affected by this injury.
It is Dave. He is one of the best prop forwards to play the game. His career at South Sydney speaks volumes for how good he was.
Charriots Offiah

ddtftf wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 pm I posted when he first came he had a hip degenerating disease but its taken the club a long time to announce it & lets hope they learn the lesson to check if the next signing has had a full medical next time which George did not . I am sad for the lad as he should be in his prime now and wish him the best of health in the future.
You did Derrick. Whose going to replace him?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

To be honest i have not heard anything I think the club is waiting to see what props have not been offered a new contract in Aus with the salary cap being reduced over there .
jao711

Post by jao711 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:08 pm
jao711 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:28 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:09 pm

Wigan shouldn't spend the money and replace him because he has lost a year of his career and had to leave on medical grounds?
I think you missed the point but never mind.
I didn't but I will rephrase. Why shouldn't Wigan be in a hurry to spend the money?
I didn’t say “Wigan” shouldn’t be in a hurry.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jao711 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:25 am
jao711 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:28 pm .
I think you missed the point but never mind.
I didn't but I will rephrase. Why shouldn't Wigan be in a hurry to spend the money?
"A year of his career gone.So let’s not be in too much of a hurry to spend the money."

If not Wigan then who? Us the fans? Why shouldn't we want Wigan to spend the money and replace him.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:08 pm

"A year of his career gone.So let’s not be in too much of a hurry to spend the money."

If not Wigan then who? Us the fans? Why shouldn't we want Wigan to spend the money and replace him.
Because the right player may not be available?
jao711

Post by jao711 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:08 pm

Just a simple suggestion that “us” the fans might show a little more patience and compassion and let the lad get through the door before we start to re-allocate his wages.The club will give us any good news all in good time.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:50 pm
DaveO wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:49 pm I bet he’s gutted. A pity we didn’t get to see him fully fit playing for us. I hope he makes a full recovery whether he plays again or not but whatever the future holds for him, I hope he’s not permanently adversely affected by this injury.
It is Dave. He is one of the best prop forwards to play the game. His career at South Sydney speaks volumes for how good he was.
Firstly I share your sentiment. Firstly and most importantly I hope he gets fit and healthy. Secondly if he can resurrect his playing career then good luck to him. A real shame we never got to see a good player at somewhere near his best.

But, giveover! :D

Nowhere near one of the best prop forwards to play the game!!!! :lol: :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:41 pm
Firstly I share your sentiment. Firstly and most importantly I hope he gets fit and healthy. Secondly if he can resurrect his playing career then good luck to him. A real shame we never got to see a good player at somewhere near his best.

Our opinions obviously differ but his record in the NRL will stand the test of time. Perhaps my comment was a bit over the top but he was excellent in Australia and there is a reason why he was named in the Rabbitohs team of the decade.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:52 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Our opinions obviously differ but his record in the NRL will stand the test of time. Perhaps my comment was a bit over the top but he was excellent in Australia and there is a reason why he was named in the Rabbitohs team of the decade.
Was he ever in the NRL team of the season?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."