French and hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: French and hastings

Post by josie andrews »

jao711 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:11 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:14 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:35 am :lol: :lol: :lol: Wigan RL wouldn't be Wigan RL without a conspiracy theory lol

Regards EW
True, very true 😂
Wigan is the rumour capital of the WesternWorld and if it doesn’t start here it starts in St Helens.
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Has anyone got the latest on these two.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:14 am Has anyone got the latest on these two.
Could I ask, why, are you so obsessed with these two players? Thank you 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:35 am
Maybe because our first game is in less than 4 weeks and they aren't back training yet?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings & Bevan French back soon, says Adrian Lam

Adrian Lam believes Wigan will reap the rewards from giving Jackson Hastings and Bevan French longer breaks at home in Australia.

The Warriors coach is preparing to welcome them back into the squad soon ahead of the start of the new Super League campaign later this month.

Hastings and French have been following tailored training programmes while spending time with their families.

They had been due to return last month but that was delayed when the club had to close their Robin Park HQ for two weeks because of an outbreak of coronavirus in the squad.

With the facility now back open and the first fixture – against Leigh, on March 26 –on the horizon, Lam is looking forward to having them back on board soon. He said: “While they’ve been over there, we’ve been going through some difficult times.

“They were due back just before we had our lockdown, but then we had two weeks when we had to stay away from Robin Park and during that time, Jackson and Bevan were able to carry on their field sessions and training in the gym – which they couldn’t have done if they were over here.

“It’s been more beneficial for me as a coach that they stay in a healthy environment, Covid-free, with their families, and maintain their training.

“Our head of performance, Ian Bentley, has given them programmes which they’ve followed to a T, so I know they’ll come back as fit as anyone.”

Lam, like French and Hastings, had to spend two weeks in hotel quarantine when they flew home just before Christmas – which brought down the curtain on a long, interrupted campaign which had kicked-off in January. “With us finishing up in early December, I felt the squad needed some time off after a long season but in particular the overseas players who’d spent a lot of time away from their families during a pandemic,” added Lam.

Both players agreed new one-year deals with Wigan after impressing during the 2020 campaign, when they won the League Leaders’ Shield and reached the Grand Final.

Former Man of Steel Hastings last week indicated his enthusiasm about getting back on board, posting a highlights video on his Instagram page with the captions: ‘21’ and, ‘You ready?’ as well as tweets about looking forward to playing in front of fans again.

French has been relatively silent on social media as he spends time with his family. He flew home before the first lockdown last year to be with a sick relative.

“It’s no secret Bevan’s family is the No.1 in his life and as coach I’m supportive of that,” added Lam.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... am-3149878
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:41 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:35 am
Maybe because our first game is in less than 4 weeks and they aren't back training yet?
See the latest from Lam Suzieb
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Yes I am obsessed with these two players as it is not the ideal preparation for a new season,why did they not come back with Lam,Field,and I have read Lams comments and I am still not sure when soon means,as we do play our first match soon,why treat these two any different.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:09 pm Yes I am obsessed with these two players as it is not the ideal preparation for a new season,why did they not come back with Lam,Field,and I have read Lams comments and I am still not sure when soon means,as we do play our first match soon,why treat these two any different.
Contact Lam and ask him. I couldn’t care less when they get back it is how they perform on the field that counts and if they perform poorly then I will have something to say.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lam says their return was delayed because of the training facility closure.

Why are they not back already then?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lam's statement makes a lot of sense.
I can understand why folk are wondering the reason they are not back but this has to be a pre season like no other. If Lam and the fitness guy are ok with them staying back in Aus they that's fine by me so long as they turn out v Leigh in few weeks time.
Unusual for players not to be back by now but these are unusual times, are they not?