French and hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Overseas players

Post by Suzieb »

Does anyone know if our overseas players have landed yet as down the road at saints all of their new faces are back in training.
jobo

Re: Overseas players

Post by jobo »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:05 am Does anyone know if our overseas players have landed yet as down the road at saints all of their new faces are back in training.
Pre-season started on the 19th so I'd presume they are all here.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:05 am Does anyone know if our overseas players have landed yet as down the road at saints all of their new faces are back in training.
Jai fields is now over not sure if he has to quarantine. The only other two people I know who are away are Hasting and French, think there both still in oz
pedro

Post by pedro »

Didnt the club give Bevan an extended leave as part of his new contract as he turned up last year in such good shape?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

French and Hastings are still in Australia and are going to have to isolate for 10 days on their return.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:17 pm French and Hastings are still in Australia and are going to have to isolate for 10 days on their return.
I don't think that would affect them too much, they're training in Oz anyway and the season here keeps being moved back BUT starting to miss it now :( !
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They're better off over there for training right now I'd think. No lockdown in Aus once you're in.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

They are both in Aus until the end of Jan.

The 2 week delay to the start of the season means they wont be too badly affected.

Jai Field is currently quarantining in a hotel in Manchester. If i didnt know better it looked like the view was from the Lowry Hotel along the river irwell.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:45 am They're better off over there for training right now I'd think. No lockdown in Aus once you're in.
Better training on there own vs pre season with the team?

I think not.

Less likely to catch Covid but what they will be doing in Aus won’t get close to what pre season training does.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:42 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:45 am They're better off over there for training right now I'd think. No lockdown in Aus once you're in.
Better training on there own vs pre season with the team?

I think not.

Less likely to catch Covid but what they will be doing in Aus won’t get close to what pre season training does.
And you know this how?