Phone call from the club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO
Posts: 14468
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Phone call from the club

Post by DaveO » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Anyone else been called today? I had a call off John Winder thanking me for giving up my season ticket money last season and letting me know the wall with the names of those who did has gone up and we can expect the commentative shirt in due course. The players will wear it in warm up apparently.

User avatar
Fujiman
Posts: 2936
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 1:19 pm

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by Fujiman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:50 pm

DaveO wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 pm
Anyone else been called today? I had a call off John Winder thanking me for giving up my season ticket money last season and letting me know the wall with the names of those who did has gone up and we can expect the commentative shirt in due course. The players will wear it in warm up apparently.
Out of interest do you have caller ID? Just that i get a load of bogus callers and usually just let it go to answer machine and invariably they don't leave a message. Just wondered if it was a recognisable number?

DaveO
Posts: 14468
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by DaveO » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:30 pm

No it wasn't a recognised number. Came up as private number on my mobile. I also quite often let such calls go to voicemail to screen them so it was just by chance i decided to answer.

User avatar
lucky 13
Posts: 1953
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:05 pm

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by lucky 13 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:11 pm

I got a call last week off John Winder pretty much same as Dave. Came up as Wigan Warriors on my phone.
Nice touch from the club.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/antnmellogan/Wigan010-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrissie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by chrissie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:15 pm

I got a phone call off John winder last Thursday. It came up as private number .

Great grandad Harry ball
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:37 am

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by Great grandad Harry ball » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:46 pm

Call from Shaun O'Loughlin tonight, my dad had one later. Definitely genuine.

moto748
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by moto748 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 am

Good to hear that these things are happening.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by Charriots Offiah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:11 pm

That might explain why I have a couple of missed calls. I don’t tend to answer unless I know who is ringing.

morley pie eater
Posts: 1809
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by morley pie eater » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Great grandad Harry ball wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:46 pm
Call from Shaun O'Loughlin tonight, my dad had one later. Definitely genuine.
Sorry to go off topic, but you are "Great grandad Harry Ball" and your dad got a call from the club????

How old is your dad? :D
Sign the change.org petition to recognise Roy Francis' contribution to RL at
http://chng.it/yCZJsNtg

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 3102
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Phone call from the club

Post by Firestarter » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:55 pm

morley pie eater wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:01 pm
Great grandad Harry ball wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:46 pm
Call from Shaun O'Loughlin tonight, my dad had one later. Definitely genuine.
Sorry to go off topic, but you are "Great grandad Harry Ball" and your dad got a call from the club????

How old is your dad? :D
“THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE” 😭😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

Post Reply