Season Ticket renewal pack has landed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Season Ticket renewal pack has landed

Post by DaveO »

CheshireWarrior wrote:I have reserved seating. I haven't received any info from the club yet regarding 2021 season tickets.

Can anyone tell me, how are the club planning on allocating seats for 2021 season ticket holders? I've read on the club's website that if you renew this season you can return to your 2020 seat in 2022.

Unless I've missed it or its in info packs other season ticket holders have received, Im just wondering how the club plan to allocate people for 2021?

Cheers!
There is no allocated seating for this season due to lower capacity because of the restrictions on crowd size . If your reserved seat is behind the sticks you will be given a ticket on match day for behind the sticks. If in the East or West stand then a ticket for the sides. Prices are different for the two with the sides the more expensive.

Full details in the information pack.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Got my pack yesterday

Very unsure, after over 30 years or purchasing season tickets, to bother this time around. I get clubs (probably like most sports) are desperate for whatever money they can raise

I wanted to use the money from last seasons "none event" fixtures and use towards this seasons. Never heard from the club once. No emails. No phone calls. Nothing. I'm now expected to chase up a on bad situation (created by the Latics predicament) with phone calls to see what happened to this money and then cross my fingers these fixtures for 2021 actually go ahead

Not usual place. Not sat with friends. No away fans (so no atmosphere). No bar or goods going to be available at the ground (how can they be whilst maintaining the social distancing expected of the club)

Now expected to fork out more money for which I will be allowed to carry 6 fixtures into 2022 if fans are not allowed.

I feel sorry for the club but I am NOT happy with this as it stands, especially being when the club is clearly being dicked around by the administrators of the football

End of the day I'll be watching on SKY with the sound off - rest of the family no longer going either for the same reason.

Lets see if Radders (or whoever) can inbox to see what they can offer as an explanation to this - not holding my breath but NOT forking out another £200 then going into lotteries to attend games when I have no idea what happened to my money they had for last season went
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Received my pack today :D

Personally, I think its justified to say the club have clearly thought carefully how to approach the new season (hence our delay around details in comparison with others).

I think revised season ticket fees are certainly appropriate as opposed to generous and to me demonstrates good logic. I appreciate having the option to return to your regular seat in 2022 too.

I dont think there are many holes to pick around the key information, if anything I think the club have laid everything out.

Still dubious about fan entry being permitted though! Atleast we all know what our options are.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:05 pm Got my pack yesterday

Very unsure, after over 30 years or purchasing season tickets, to bother this time around. I get clubs (probably like most sports) are desperate for whatever money they can raise

I wanted to use the money from last seasons "none event" fixtures and use towards this seasons. Never heard from the club once. No emails. No phone calls. Nothing. I'm now expected to chase up a on bad situation (created by the Latics predicament) with phone calls to see what happened to this money and then cross my fingers these fixtures for 2021 actually go ahead

Not usual place. Not sat with friends. No away fans (so no atmosphere). No bar or goods going to be available at the ground (how can they be whilst maintaining the social distancing expected of the club)

Now expected to fork out more money for which I will be allowed to carry 6 fixtures into 2022 if fans are not allowed.

I feel sorry for the club but I am NOT happy with this as it stands, especially being when the club is clearly being dicked around by the administrators of the football

End of the day I'll be watching on SKY with the sound off - rest of the family no longer going either for the same reason.

Lets see if Radders (or whoever) can inbox to see what they can offer as an explanation to this - not holding my breath but NOT forking out another £200 then going into lotteries to attend games when I have no idea what happened to my money they had for last season went
Sadly i can see many people having the same thought process and i imagine Covid will have a long term damaging effect of RL crowd size
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

The club are making a best judgement based on a pretty rubbish set of circumstances so I do not blame them for having a less than perfect product but like me most season ticket holders lost money on last season. In the end there may be no problem with the lottery as it could be self selecting. Fewer season ticket holders = less need for a draw. I hope that the club is considering selling blocks of tickets or pro rata season tickets when we get the all clear to try to get people back into the habit. I could easily see myself buying a book of six or four games rather than a full season ticket as I rarely manage to get to every game that I am entitled to at the best of times.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

The club, like everyone, are caught in the middle of a pandemic that's doing nobody any good. I don't know what more they could do to be fair, for their fans with this offer.
All I'll say is if we want top players at the Warriors, someone has to pay for them. Otherwise we fall down the food chain.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 pm The club, like everyone, are caught in the middle of a pandemic that's doing nobody any good. I don't know what more they could do to be fair, for their fans with this offer.
All I'll say is if we want top players at the Warriors, someone has to pay for them. Otherwise we fall down the food chain.
⬆️

This!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 pm The club, like everyone, are caught in the middle of a pandemic that's doing nobody any good. I don't know what more they could do to be fair, for their fans with this offer.
Spot on!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

Agreed. It’s difficult to see what more the club could do. We will get the opportunity to watch live games and show our support for the team. Later in the season we can only hope that bigger crowds will be able to attend. In the meantime, it will be interesting to mix with other keen supporters if I am placed elsewhere in the side stands.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 pm The club, like everyone, are caught in the middle of a pandemic that's doing nobody any good. .
So that is your answer? "we are in a pandemic" so suck it up buttercup! It's the single biggest cop-out excuse that we will see and hear for poor service, failing economies, inexcusable behavior (witness Tomahawk) being excused for something going wrong for decades to come and you prove this straight off with a comment from you with your "i'm alright Jack" attitude
Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 pm I don't know what more they could do to be fair, for their fans with this offer
I will explain to you what I want to see. Where is the offer for those fans who want to use the fixtures PAID FOR for 2020 but NOT redeemed prices. Where are they ? Why is this information not advertised? C'mon give me a clue rather than asinine nonsensical statements like "We're in a pandemic." I've news for you - so am I!!!!
Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 pm All I'll say is if we want top players at the Warriors, someone has to pay for them. Otherwise we fall down the food chain.
The guilt trip "cop-out"

So having or not having fans season ticket money directly affects who Wigan want to sign now? Think you will find the club pays most of it's wages from the combination of SKY monies and monies from the millionaire owner - to which I am not a millionaire

RL was different to EVERY other sport in so much as the fact the season was barely a couple of months old when it was ended by lockdown. Footballs/union etc fans had already had around 90% of their value season tickets completed. Not so RL

Borrow money from the Government (our money btw) and then go into furlough (which option Wigan took) and then stick the proverbial nose in the air when questions get asked about what happened to last seasons money

C'mon Nezza please explain why the club went into furlough but you think it excusable that there is no direct offer for those fans who choose NOT to donate last seasons money and please stop with the guilt trip "no club/players/not a fan" nonsense which I know one or two on here will be itching to post
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: