Season Ticket renewal pack has landed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Season Ticket renewal pack has landed

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

BTW anyone with any medical condition should be barred from going to any and all "live" events for this year until the full effect of the Vaccines are know.

Wouldn't want to embarrass any club trialing "live" fixtures then seeing it suffer deaths as a consequence caused by the spread of the virus directly as a result of a "live" event. especially when shielded or extremely vulnerable fans should not expect to walk into any fixtures no questions asked.

How stupid would any club be to allow for that? Or does the "we're in a pandemic" trump that and mean the club needs your money more than you (might) do?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Blimey!

Have you called the club voodoo? Maybe they can answer?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Say what you mean voodoo! Get it off your chest lad 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I'll try and answer briefly as possible Voodoo, you've obviously thought long and hard on your situation, which is fair enough.
1) Yes, the pandemic is real and has had far reaching consequencies with people's jobs and businesses on the line everywhere, leaving finances particularly fragile, and I would imagine this applies to our club as well as others. I don't get your reference "I'm alright Jack" comment or "Tomahawk", sorry.
2) The Club's offer. I can't make out which of the 3 options offered by the club that you went for Voodoo, so not easy to give you a clue about that, as you asked for.
If you went for the Full Refund (??) that's entirely your choice and no problem with that - only I'd say if everyone as fans went that way, and not the other 2 options, this would have a huge impact on the funding of the club, and it would be a struggle to survive as we know it, without IL's support. Look at Latics, they've been unable to sell their club for, is it 9 months now during the pandemic, at a knock down price too ?
3) The finances bit. I imagine last year the club would not have budgeted without any crowds for a full season. Sky monies don't, and shouldn't, all go on players salaries and if that was the case most clubs would be bankrupt, whilst it's being reported Sky's money going forward could well be depreciated by some 30% as a result of the pandemic !
Further the shop has been closed for the most part, having huge affects on important merchandising revenues, in fact I don't think the Grand Arcade shop will ever re-open again, whilst online sales have been curtailed with that business also closed down. Sponsorships will have taken a big hit, as will Hospitality and other marketing income streams, combined with zero income on match days. And our Grand Final appearance would have missed out on the potential of a 70,000 crowd at Old Trafford.
And now, revenues for this year from Season Ticket sales is likely to be well down too with the fixture format and the covid route map as things stand.
The Furlough would need topping up by 20% without anything coming in whilst IL's investment you refer to has shown continued, substantial losses over the years, so we should as a fan group be happy he's prepared to carry this. Regarding the Gov't Loan, I'm not sure he actually went for it ? If so, it's a noose around your neck if you are a loss making business and that loan's a further personal risk he's undertaken on behalf of the club again, without any return on his investment.

We all want the best for the club that we fondly support as a big part of our lives and where covid could never have been predicted just a year back. We all live in the real world, with whatever that entails financially and I'd say it's left a big hole in their finances with little light at the end of the tunnel.

In the meantime I hope you manage to resolve your issues with the club, Voodoo.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Voodo, as Nezza has just explained you had three option for your 2020 season ticket.

1) Donate the the remaining value to the club.

2) Use the money as credit for 2021.

3) Get a refund on for the "unused" games.

I don't really think that the club could have done much more.

For this year they have offered discounted prices with the option to carry over six games for 2022, if we can't games aren't played at home.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:05 pm Got my pack yesterday

Very unsure, after over 30 years or purchasing season tickets, to bother this time around. I get clubs (probably like most sports) are desperate for whatever money they can raise

I wanted to use the money from last seasons "none event" fixtures and use towards this seasons. Never heard from the club once. No emails. No phone calls. Nothing. I'm now expected to chase up a on bad situation (created by the Latics predicament) with phone calls to see what happened to this money and then cross my fingers these fixtures for 2021 actually go ahead
Just follow up with the club and stop moaning. Mistakes happen, it isn't ideal but you probably spent more time moaning on here than it would have taken to call up to get the ball rolling.

Not usual place. Not sat with friends. No away fans (so no atmosphere). No bar or goods going to be available at the ground (how can they be whilst maintaining the social distancing expected of the club)
Not the clubs fault, stop moaning, there is a pandemic.

Now expected to fork out more money for which I will be allowed to carry 6 fixtures into 2022 if fans are not allowed. ok?

I feel sorry for the club but I am NOT happy with this as it stands, especially being when the club is clearly being dicked around by the administrators of the football. Other than not being contacted by the club, which is a mistake on their part, what could the club have done differently?

End of the day I'll be watching on SKY with the sound off - rest of the family no longer going either for the same reason. Moaning about season tickets and now being grumpy saying you'll be watching Sky with the sound off. Are you ever happy with anything? Life is too short.

Lets see if Radders (or whoever) can inbox to see what they can offer as an explanation to this - not holding my breath but NOT forking out another £200 then going into lotteries to attend games when I have no idea what happened to my money they had for last season went. Radders can inbox where? You think hes going to read this and inbox you?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

No straw damn us wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 am Voodo, as Nezza has just explained you had three option for your 2020 season ticket.

1) Donate the the remaining value to the club.

2) Use the money as credit for 2021.

3) Get a refund on for the "unused" games.

I don't really think that the club could have done much more.

For this year they have offered discounted prices with the option to carry over six games for 2022, if we can't games aren't played at home.
I seem to remember that if they didn't hear back, option 1 was the presumed choice. Maybe Vodoo's letter never arrived?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

But it was also mentioned on this site, RL Fans and the clubs own site. Also I presume it would have been on the clubs facebook and twitter accounts.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/06/ ... -chairman/
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am not sure whether this is still relevant to the discussion, but we happily renewed our season tickets yesterday. Any of us likely to use the tickets will have been vaccinated far enough in advance for that to have taken effect, and we will only go within our bubbles. This is outdoors, and so we will drive there, and go and sit outside for a couple of hours, with others socially distanced. Who knows, we may even wear a mask.
If you compare that with going to the supermarket for the big shop every week, I know which one I’d say is less risky. However, people’s views on risk, and how it plays out for them, have to be intensely personal and I wouldn’t argue with anyone reaching a different conclusion.
We can’t wait to see the lads again in person.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

We renewed ours the other day, not sure how many games we will get to see but its something the wife and I really enjoy so took the plunge with liberal amounts of blind faith that we will actually get to see some games this season, while we renewed my granddaughters ticket she will have to wait till next season I think let this nonsense clear altogether hopefully and life back to normal.