Agent provides update on Mitch Clark's Wigan Warriors future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Agent provides update on Mitch Clark's Wigan Warriors future

Post by josie andrews »

The forward has been linked with a move away from the club.

Wigan Warriors forward Mitch Clark is set to stay at the club, for now, his agent has confirmed.

The forward endured an indifferent maiden season with the club following his move from Castleford Tigers and has been linked with a move away from the DW Stadium.

Clark made just nine appearances last season and was reportedly one of several players being linked with a move away from the club in the off-season.

Craig Harrison, who represents the 27-year-old, said he was currently focusing on breaking into Adrian Lam's squad, but admitted a recent proposed loan move had collapsed.

"At the moment, Mitch will get his head down and play at Wigan," he told Rugby League Live.

"There was an option for Mitch to go on loan but it fell through. He wants to play first-team football, Wigan have been great and they've been transparent with where they see him.

"He's at the age where he needs to play, he's not a bloke who wants to sit and be a squad player and never get an opportunity.

"I can see once the season starts, if he doesn't push into that Wigan 17, that there could be some conversations.

"We've had quite a lot of interest in the last seven days with a number of clubs enquiring, nobody has put the foot down, but last week he rang me and said he's getting his head down and getting on with it."

Harrison praised Wigan's handling of the matter throughout the season.

"Wigan have been really good with him. Everyone has been transparent and we all know he's wanting game time. But he needs to play.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-19945881
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Agent provides update on Mitch Clark's Wigan Warriors future

Post by medlocke »

Can't wait to see his devastating running again this season
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

You can interpret this in two ways:

- In search of first team rugby because he knows he isn't good enough to break Wigan's 17

OR

- In search of first team rugby because he thinks he is good enough but being hard done to

Given the fact we only have 3 senior props, 1 of which is a complete waste of space, its a little worrying Wigan were considering loaning him away and he was happy to accept. Biggest indication the club see him behind Partington, Havard and maybe even Byrne.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Nathan, I agree with you're comments. I think MItch is behind Harvard, Byrne and Partington at the moment. As we've not been able to sign another experienced prop MItch has a chance to force his way into the match day squad but I just don't know if he can do that. It would be good for the club if he finds the 'devastating form' that we hoped for and, at present, we can't afford for him to leave in case we get a couple of injuries early in the season. Given that several clubs have had players pick up serious injuries before the start of the season (e.g. Catalans, Huddersfield and Salford) it's sensible for us to keep hold of hi for now so long as he doesn't hold up a potential signing. I hope he surprises us all and plays an important role this season.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:39 pm Nathan, I agree with you're comments. I think MItch is behind Harvard, Byrne and Partington at the moment. As we've not been able to sign another experienced prop MItch has a chance to force his way into the match day squad but I just don't know if he can do that. It would be good for the club if he finds the 'devastating form' that we hoped for and, at present, we can't afford for him to leave in case we get a couple of injuries early in the season. Given that several clubs have had players pick up serious injuries before the start of the season (e.g. Catalans, Huddersfield and Salford) it's sensible for us to keep hold of hi for now so long as he doesn't hold up a potential signing. I hope he surprises us all and plays an important role this season.
I agree, we should absolutely keep hold of him if we let him go out on loan which it appears the club were actively trying to do, our Props would only be:
- Singleton, Bullock, Clubb, Partington, Havard, Byrne

That is seriously lightweight in both numbers and experience.

Unless Lam has told him he is number 7, surely Clarke would like at those players and fancy his chances?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:34 pm You can interpret this in two ways:

- In search of first team rugby because he knows he isn't good enough to break Wigan's 17

OR

- In search of first team rugby because he thinks he is good enough but being hard done to

Given the fact we only have 3 senior props, 1 of which is a complete waste of space, its a little worrying Wigan were considering loaning him away and he was happy to accept. Biggest indication the club see him behind Partington, Havard and maybe even Byrne.
Byrne and Kilner are both ahead of him in my book. Rads obviously had a different view of his abilities than I do, or he signed Clark when he thought he was getting Watts.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I do try not to single players out but Clark has been bloody woeful since he signed apart from another body would he really be missed?

Even big George had one fine game.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:36 pm
southportcdm wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:39 pm Nathan, I agree with you're comments. I think MItch is behind Harvard, Byrne and Partington at the moment. As we've not been able to sign another experienced prop MItch has a chance to force his way into the match day squad but I just don't know if he can do that. It would be good for the club if he finds the 'devastating form' that we hoped for and, at present, we can't afford for him to leave in case we get a couple of injuries early in the season. Given that several clubs have had players pick up serious injuries before the start of the season (e.g. Catalans, Huddersfield and Salford) it's sensible for us to keep hold of hi for now so long as he doesn't hold up a potential signing. I hope he surprises us all and plays an important role this season.
I agree, we should absolutely keep hold of him if we let him go out on loan which it appears the club were actively trying to do, our Props would only be:

Unless Lam has told him he is number 7, surely Clarke would like at those players and fancy his chances?
Has Smithies gone?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:16 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:36 pm

Has Smithies gone?
I was naming players who are classed as Prop forwards.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:03 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:34 pm You can interpret this in two ways:

OR

Byrne and Kilner are both ahead of him in my book. Rads obviously had a different view of his abilities than I do, or he signed Clark when he thought he was getting Watts.
How many games have you seen Kilner play?