Hastings. Again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Hastings. Again.

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Rennox89 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 pm I've been hearing Hastings should he arriving back for a long time now. Great player, but too loud for me. I've never really fancied him as a wigan player. I remember a game last season when we were behind and he was running in at 9 throwing powell out the way and then taking drives up on the 2nd and 3rd play trying to make yards. It's all about balance for me which your blake greens, Williams, barretts, deacons etc all had. Sorry for the negatives guys but I'll be glad when hes gone and we can have a HB at 6 we can build around for a few years rather than 1 year at a time!
Yeah top players taking things into their own hands to try and get their team back In it are the worst
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Rennox89 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 pm I've been hearing Hastings should he arriving back for a long time now. Great player, but too loud for me. I've never really fancied him as a wigan player. I remember a game last season when we were behind and he was running in at 9 throwing powell out the way and then taking drives up on the 2nd and 3rd play trying to make yards. It's all about balance for me which your blake greens, Williams, barretts, deacons etc all had. Sorry for the negatives guys but I'll be glad when hes gone and we can have a HB at 6 we can build around for a few years rather than 1 year at a time!
You're entitled to your opinion Rennox, but that's just 1 game out of a season you refer to, because his influence, balance and timing that he brings to the team would be a much more coherent viewpoint on his overall performances. His partnership with Tommy is one reason for our success last season, not to mention his combining with Bevan French.
Unfortunately, some stars do have a larger than life persona, we've had ours in the past, but their gameday ability is always the most important part of their contribution.
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Hastings is coming back.

He was turned away at the airport yesterday as he hadn't got permission to leave Aus but as soon as he does he will be back.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:13 am Hastings is coming back.

He was turned away at the airport yesterday as he hadn't got permission to leave Aus but as soon as he does he will be back.
Is that a joke? How convenient.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:27 am

I’ve heard that there was a ‘technicality’ yesterday!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

To leave australia you need excemption paperwork.

This is unusual so i dont blame the lad. It inst normal to have to have paperwork to leave a country, you normally need it to get back in. I blame the club / his manager for not keeping him abreast of what the latest rules are.

Rugby players arnt known for their brains, and lets face it you almost have to be a rocket scientist to keep up to date wit hall the different rule changes these days
Wes

Post by Wes »

josie andrews wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:27 am

I’ve heard that there was a ‘technicality’ yesterday!
Is it just him or for him and a Bevan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:41 pm To leave australia you need excemption paperwork.

This is unusual so i dont blame the lad. It inst normal to have to have paperwork to leave a country, you normally need it to get back in. I blame the club / his manager for not keeping him abreast of what the latest rules are.

Rugby players arnt known for their brains, and lets face it you almost have to be a rocket scientist to keep up to date wit hall the different rule changes these days
Are you joking? He’s a grown adult.

It isn’t hard to have a bit of common sense and some quick Googling.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I'm a grown adult, what's Googling?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Its a simple but silly mistake to make.