Hastings. Again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Hastings. Again.

Post by Dan2266 »

“Issues sorted, Jacko due back, for real this time” lets see how it goes.

Saga over it seems
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:03 pm “Issues sorted, Jacko due back, for real this time” lets see how it goes.

Saga over it seems
If some of what you have said is true then some damage will have already been done and there will be an impact to the team at training.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:20 am
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:03 pm “Issues sorted, Jacko due back, for real this time” lets see how it goes.

Saga over it seems
If some of what you have said is true then some damage will have already been done and there will be an impact to the team at training.
My thoughts exactly, the issues sorted will relate to the technicalities of him leaving Aus
bertina

Post by bertina »

moto748 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:28 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:15 pm
Money and shop window for the NRL is the only reasons he's at Wigan IMO, Nothing more than a stepping stone
Even if that is true (and, as we see, opinion is divided), the bigger point for me is that he has always given 100% in a Wigan shirt, and I'm sure will continue to do so. That's really all we need from a professional sportsman.
Absolutely correct.!! I can't believe some of the comments on here. The lad has always given his all when playing for us, so as long as he continues to do that for the duration of his contract, what more can you ask for ?
If after that he decides to go back to Australia for whatever reason, then good luck to him.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

There never was any issue with hastings returning just lies and speculation to try blacken a mans character. Because he speaks his mind and tells it how it is every rugby supporter new hastings had come over here to resurrect his career and prove a point to Australian clubs and never made any secret of his affection to Salford for starting that.pity same respect not given to a player who when pulls a shirt on for club as given his all. So what if he doesn't run round kissing badge and jumping around with fans. In my experience those who did are the ones who sold us down the river so means nothing. People have short memories and even shorter loyalties
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He’s on a plane now.

Support him. That’s it
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Rarely has a thread got me so riled,Jesus wept strike indeed,the exact same crap as last winter it was ridiculous then as it is now.

Totally unneeded but crap peddled by people who seem to have a weird agenda against Hastings with absolutely no facts to back it up thought this place was better than that
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Considering all the issues with Covid over here and the freedom they have in Australia, with all the uncertainty over flights and lockdowns, that's reassuring news and we should get behind those players on the field.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

bertina wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:50 am
moto748 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:28 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:15 pm
Money and shop window for the NRL is the only reasons he's at Wigan IMO, Nothing more than a stepping stone
Even if that is true (and, as we see, opinion is divided), the bigger point for me is that he has always given 100% in a Wigan shirt, and I'm sure will continue to do so. That's really all we need from a professional sportsman.
Absolutely correct.!! I can't believe some of the comments on here. The lad has always given his all when playing for us, so as long as he continues to do that for the duration of his contract, what more can you ask for ?
If after that he decides to go back to Australia for whatever reason, then good luck to him.
Indeed, Some fans really do go over the top, He is a decent player and does give his all, but as I say he is only using the club as a stepping stone, Now if he turned round and signed for 2 more seasons then maybe his naysayers will maybe change their tune, Another 2 seasons at Wigan if successful would bring him a much better contract and payday, I won't hold my breathe though, As long as he can help bring us a trophy then I'll class it as a successful signing :D
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Seems strange people are ignoring the rumours that he has enforced his own extensions and there is tension in the squad because of it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."