Hastings. Again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Hastings. Again.

Post by Dan2266 »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... mpaign=RSS

Hastings knows exactly what he is doing. He doesn't want to come back. Whilst I can half understand, its becoming comical how much he talks considering he is under contract with one of the biggest clubs in the world. Totally disrespectful. I will repeat. The club are concerned he will not be coming back.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Hastings. Again.

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont see anything new in this article and French isnt back either

its an interview with a paper in which they ask him a question - he answers - the timing is relevant to the paper asking. Hastings wants to be back in the NRL think everyone knows that - hes probably sounding out clubs i think everyone will be aware of that

hes 1 year left i expect him to fulfil that 1 year and leave with a trophy he will be in the NRL next year IMO

I think the fact he is Oz has absolutely nothing to do with him coming back or not IMO
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

The last contact the club had with him was this Tuesday. He is due to fly back this weekend. Timing of the article backs that up. Lets see
Wigan_forever1985

did he explicitly ask for the article? is there any proof of that? if he is due to leave soon could this not be a paper getting the interview in before he goes?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 am did he explicitly ask for the article? is there any proof of that? if he is due to leave soon could this not be a paper getting the interview in before he goes?
I'm more on about the manner of his reply. respect your club. respect the people who pay your wages. just say. "I've spoken plenty of times about my desire to play in the NRL, but I'm contracted to Wigan"

I cant believe folk seem ok with the amount of disrespect he throws the clubs way. publicly and behind closed doors.
Wigan_forever1985

so what is it you want him to say? he has said he wants to play in the NRL and he is in contract to wigan what do you want him to say?

Sport is a winners game - Jackson Hastings is one of the best players in superleague so you either accept that hes here to raise his stock and enjoy him while he plays or you dont have players like him at the club and end up in the midfield

you have to strike a balance you can afford to have a couple of players like Hastings you cant have too many you need your powells and your isa's etc but as long as he produces to the goods what does it matter - hes not a wigan fan he came here because we are the biggest name in rugby this side of the pond so if you want to raise eyebrows over the other side youve got to play for us, leeds or st helens.

No one should of expected him to come here and be here for 4-5years pledging his undying love for the club he's here to make a name that he can use to get back into the NRL as long as that results in a trophy for us then happy days
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I don't particularly have an issue with the article as none of it is new information.

I question the purpose of doing it as I am not sure what it is achieving on Hastings part.

Let's re-assess on Sunday/Monday when we see if he has come back as per Dan's update.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I think we all know Hastings time at wigan is limited we've known that from the beginning so we should make the most of him while he's here.As for the article in the press he states he wants to prove he's a new man and the 2021 version is a lot better than the old hastings,he wants to show that to the fans and teams over there that he's changed .IMO he's not going to do that by walking out on a club he's signed a contract with and simply just not turned up,I don't think that would impress to many potential employers do you
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 am did he explicitly ask for the article? is there any proof of that? if he is due to leave soon could this not be a paper getting the interview in before he goes?
I'm more on about the manner of his reply. respect your club. respect the people who pay your wages. just say. "I've spoken plenty of times about my desire to play in the NRL, but I'm contracted to Wigan"

I cant believe folk seem ok with the amount of disrespect he throws the clubs way. publicly and behind closed doors.
Agreed 100%! I seem to recall Hastings playing the media game MORE THAN ONCE in 2020!

Respect clearly demonstrated!
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Hopefully this is telling Aussie clubs to watch him at Wigan this season as he will be returning home next season. Hope that’s what it is all about. If that is not the case ,the Field signing makes much more sense. Time will tell.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had