Farrell: Feel the benefits

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Farrell: Feel the benefits

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Farrell discusses pre-season, supporters in stadiums and more.

Farrell: “With a few weeks to go things seem to be coming together nicely.”
2021 season tickets now on sale.

Second row Liam Farrell believes the benefits of an extended pre-season are already clear as the opening round draws near.

The Warriors begin their Betfred Super League campaign in three weeks time when they take on new boys Leigh Centurions at Emerald Headingley Stadium on 26th March (8:15pm K.O.).

Speaking to Wigan TV this week, the Englishman discussed the impacts of a longer pre-season.

“Starting later, we’ve had more time and it’s been really good. The new strength and conditioning staff have really pushed the lads too and I think we’ve all benefited from that.

“You’d hope we will see the benefits of it, I certainly feel I’ve felt the benefits.”

The experienced forward highlighted how the more recent members of the squad had benefited in particular.

“The new faces seem to be fitting in well too, so with a few weeks to go things seem to be coming together nicely.”

On Jai Field, Farrell said: “He’s fitting in really well. He’s a quiet lad but he works really hard. In training games he’s shown skills that will be a real asset to us wherever he plays on the field.”

With recent Government announcements outlining a return for fans to stadia in the not too distant future, Farrell expressed his excitement at seeing the Cherry and White faithful once again.

“I can’t wait to see fans back and I think all of the lads are the same. As much as we can make an atmosphere, nothing compares to having the fans there.

“One fixture standing out to me is that late August derby game at home. It would be great to see a full house for that one.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/03/ ... -benefits/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan