Today's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Today's game

Post by fozzieskem »

Poor all over really I don’t care about the result but the manner in which the tries went in will need to be sorted.

I don’t get the Smith hype he may or may not become a fine player but for me he’s still got a bit to go but we shall see
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Why did we let sargasso go,better than anything we had on the pitch,and once again managed is injured,what sort of cover do we have for him,I think that means that we will start the season without a recognised winger.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Correction the players named are sarge and manfr
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I dont get why people are not happy we also lose and look poor in pre season friendlies
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Bit early for alarm bells IMO!

Yesterday a Stains team (containing many a first team player) lost to Leigh in their own back garden.

Does anyone think Leigh will win at Stains in the regular season or finish higher than Salford come the end of the season?
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I think that leigh will shock a few teams including us,watch out.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

We are a professional club that allows players to come back late to the club so not having a full pre season training. WHY?
If you are contracted to the club that surely must mean full time with holiday entitlement like any other type of employment. I cant see employee's of other companies who perform the same duties having longer holidays than anothers.

Im guessing players saying why should I run up this hill in freezing conditions when others dont need too. This cannot be good for moral or team bonding!

If you play for us turn up with everyone else and train and play when we want you too or get on your bike

Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

What was the point in that game,it proved to me that we have not got the strength in debt that we where led to believe,,field if fit will have to play on the wing until marshy is fit,and we will have to put up with Bibby on the other wing.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Suzieb wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:09 pm What was the point in that game,it proved to me that we have not got the strength in debt that we where led to believe,,field if fit will have to play on the wing until marshy is fit,and we will have to put up with Bibby on the other wing.
But Field's never played wing in his life !! You can't just switch into a position he's never played, just because he's very quick.
Against Saints last year when we played our Academy side, the young lad Halsall looked very useful and could possibly do a job. I think we're going to need Field in the Halves, to at least get a combination going there.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We will be fine!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame