Today's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Today's game

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:27 pm We are a professional club that allows players to come back late to the club so not having a full pre season training. WHY?
If you are contracted to the club that surely must mean full time with holiday entitlement like any other type of employment. I cant see employee's of other companies who perform the same duties having longer holidays than anothers.

Im guessing players saying why should I run up this hill in freezing conditions when others dont need too. This cannot be good for moral or team bonding!

If you play for us turn up with everyone else and train and play when we want you too or get on your bike
Explained here and good on the club for being understanding. If you've ever worked a long distance away a from your family and friends, you may understand.

Episode 5

https://anchor.fm/behindtheathlete
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

The lads havent played a game for nearly 4 months. The hysteria on here is absolutely laughable :lol:
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Suzieb wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:58 pm Bibby not wigan standard,we are short of three quarters that is obvious.Early days but I thought that Lam said in midweek that we would be playing a new brand of open fast rugby,looked like 5 drives and a poor kick.
Perfectly good centre on loan at London

It's a warm up match

Everyone needs to calmdown

Many first choice missing today
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

First 12 matches of the season are basically warm up games anyway. Thought it was a useful exercise to get some game time for a lot of players. Some of them haven't played for 12 months.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

So it would seem that Bibby is this season's go to player of blame. He in esteemed company. Anthony Gelling, Sam Powell and Dan Sarginson to name just a few of the previous holders of this position.

Every year we seem to lose the majority of, if not all of our pre-season games, so I was not in the least bit surprised to see us get beat yesterday in a first hit out. I'm sure come opening night against Leigh we'll be absolutely fine. I look forward to a 42-4 victory with Bibby scoring 4 tries and 27 pages on here talking about how Bibby missed the tackle for Leigh's try.....
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im not knocking lammy but this to me seems like bevan and jackson are being punished for not being back for pre season........ they are pros and im sure they have kept fit....... surely they both have to be in, even if they are not 100%....... especially with all the uncertainty with oli, marshy and dom etc....... im not sure why we didnt sign a winger/ centre pre season but fingers crossed we produce a superstar if a newbie gets the chance
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:55 am
Im not knocking lammy but this to me seems like bevan and jackson are being punished for not being back for pre season........ they are pros and im sure they have kept fit....... surely they both have to be in, even if they are not 100%....... especially with all the uncertainty with oli, marshy and dom etc....... im not sure why we didnt sign a winger/ centre pre season but fingers crossed we produce a superstar if a newbie gets the chance
Club made a mistake allowing Hank to go on season loan to London, if these injury reports are accurate, is there a clause so he can recalled?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Suzieb wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:09 pm What was the point in that game,it proved to me that we have not got the strength in debt that we where led to believe,,field if fit will have to play on the wing until marshy is fit,and we will have to put up with Bibby on the other wing.
Strength in depth, give over.

Imagine a Wigan team
in the 60's with no Griffiths, Boston, Holden, Sullivan and Bolton

in the mid 80's with no Hampson, Ferguson, Stephenson, Gill and Edwards

In the early 90s with no Hampson, Lydon, Miles, Offiah and Botica

In the mid 90's with no Paul, Robinson, Tuigamala, Offiah and Edwards

2010 with no Tomkins, Goulding, Carmont, Richards and Deacon

2018 with no Tomkins, Manfredi, Gildart, Davies and Williams.

Imagine Saints without Coote, Makinson, Naiqama, Grace and Lomax

or Wire without Ratchford, Charnley, King, LIneham and Austin.

All of them would have struggled just as we did yesterday.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:51 pm Looking at that first half we better pray the likes of french,hastings, gildart and manfredi/marshy are fit for the seasons start
Article in MEN today that French and Hastings may not play against Leigh.
Hastings starts training today apparently.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield