Today's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Today's game

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:55 am
Mike wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:34 pm Its not improtant to have them available now. Its important at playoff time. Don't risk them until they are fully fit.
Hastings is fully fit.
He’s missed a load pre season.

Whilst he has been training in Aus, it won’t be the same and he hasn’t been in and around the team getting used to the ball plays and skills again.

If it was as easy as just being fit, why bother with pre season? Why bother with training at all?

Hastings having extended leave is perfectly acceptable given the conditions, what I do find strange though is he was going to be back before the training ground got closed, it got closed, but then only returned 3-4 weeks after it re opened. Why?

Why wasn’t he landing in the UK mid Feb and ready to go when it re opened?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Interesting comment on fb by Jacko's mum as to why him and French are/left it late to return from Oz.
Some supposedly Wigan fans/supporters need to wind their necks in and stop being knobheads.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

With all the backs out we have then surely Hastings and French should be in the 17 for the Leigh game. Whether they start or be benched they have to be out there and available. There don't seem to be any doubts about their fitness so we simply can't afford to have them in the stands.

We only scored the one try v Salford and without our most experienced play maker we struggled all game. We need Hastings and also French with his pace so they should be in the 17.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 am Interesting comment on fb by Jacko's mum as to why him and French are/left it late to return from Oz.
Some supposedly Wigan fans/supporters need to wind their necks in and stop being knobheads.
whats in the article WW im intrigued
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:01 am With all the backs out we have then surely Hastings and French should be in the 17 for the Leigh game. Whether they start or be benched they have to be out there and available. There don't seem to be any doubts about their fitness so we simply can't afford to have them in the stands.

We only scored the one try v Salford and without our most experienced play maker we struggled all game. We need Hastings and also French with his pace so they should be in the 17.
You're assuming French will be back in the country for the Leigh game...
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 am Interesting comment on fb by Jacko's mum as to why him and French are/left it late to return from Oz.
just want to put it out there both players have unwell family members hence the reason Bevan is not back yet as it’s his Mother💙 The club has known the situation of both player’s & unfortunately Jacko had trouble leaving Australia it’s been well documented. I know that Jacko will want to play round 1 but this is up to the coach 🤞 But what I hate is that some fans think they know it all and to call Jacko a Prick is just totally unacceptable & as I said do your research as you honestly know nothing...Honestly don’t care what anyone thinks of him but just remember these players are human and have families... Both players give 💯 every week for Wigan... please just be respectful & I hope Bevan does not cop the same bullshit...cheers to 2021 🍒

Also mentioned in Hastings podcast.

https://anchor.fm/behindtheathlete/epis ... ess-escteu
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:48 am
just want to put it out there both players have unwell family members hence the reason Bevan is not back yet as it’s his Mother💙 The club has known the situation of both player’s & unfortunately Jacko had trouble leaving Australia it’s been well documented. I know that Jacko will want to play round 1 but this is up to the coach 🤞 But what I hate is that some fans think they know it all and to call Jacko a Prick is just totally unacceptable & as I said do your research as you honestly know nothing...Honestly don’t care what anyone thinks of him but just remember these players are human and have families... Both players give 💯 every week for Wigan... please just be respectful & I hope Bevan does not cop the same bullshit...cheers to 2021 🍒

thanks for that....... its only a game of rugby at the end of the day...... i think a lot of fans think they know sports people due to what they put on social media or how they are in interviews........ usually these people arnt there real selves in these situations........ i think all of us know of people who play the sympathy card on social media at times........ hopefully both players familys get well and thats a massive no1 over wigan warriors any day
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

That only delayed his return by a couple of days.

I still don't understand why he returned 3/4 weeks after the training ground re-opened if he was originally supposed to be back just before it shut?

Training ground re-opened on 19/02 and Hastings left Australia on 08/03 and has then had to do 5 days self-isolation.

For the record, I 100% back the idea that he needed an extended break to get some normality, be with his friends and family. I just don't understand the above.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:56 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 am whats in the article WW im intrigued

thanks for that....... its only a game of rugby at the end of the day...... i think a lot of fans think they know sports people due to what they put on social media or how they are in interviews........ usually these people arnt there real selves in these situations........ i think all of us know of people who play the sympathy card on social media at times........ hopefully both players familys get well and thats a massive no1 over wigan warriors any day
What!!!!

Have you ever worked a long way from home for extended periods?

And while you are away have you ever had a phone call to say family member has died, or a parent has been diagnosed with a terminal illness?

I know what it's like, and I think that the Wigan club should be applauded on how they have handled things.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:54 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:56 am

What!!!!

Have you ever worked a long way from home for extended periods?

And while you are away have you ever had a phone call to say family member has died, or a parent has been diagnosed with a terminal illness?

I know what it's like, and I think that the Wigan club should be applauded on how they have handled things.
Yes i have actually and i never said HE played the sympathy vote....... i also never slagged off the club....... i keep things like that to myself because no one likes loss...... calm down and read it properly