Dom Manfredi injury blow - what are Wigan Warriors' wing options?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Dom Manfredi injury blow - what are Wigan Warriors' wing options?

Post by Charriots Offiah »

cherry toffee wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:37 pm I seem to recall when Davies left Radlinski said something about not being surprised if he later returned to the club
I'd sign him tomorrow.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:31 pm
cherry toffee wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:37 pm I seem to recall when Davies left Radlinski said something about not being surprised if he later returned to the club
I'd sign him tomorrow.
No thanks, He didn't want to play for Wigan so I wouldn't want him back, I'm sure there are better wingers out there to be had
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:10 pm
I'd sign him tomorrow.
No thanks, He didn't want to play for Wigan so I wouldn't want him back, I'm sure there are better wingers out there to be had
There may be but they cost mega bucks.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I'd sign him tomorrow.
He wanted guaranteed game time, not to be told he’s 4th choice. Who can blame him?

It’s a short career and not paid anywhere enough for the amount of commitment, effort and injury risk.

You can’t expect players to be 100% loyal no matter what the conditions.

People should apply the same thinking to their own careers.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:07 pm
I'd sign him tomorrow.
He wanted guaranteed game time, not to be told he’s 4th choice. Who can blame him?

It’s a short career and not paid anywhere enough for the amount of commitment, effort and injury risk.

You can’t expect players to be 100% loyal no matter what the conditions.

People should apply the same thinking to their own careers.
Exactly, he was always totally committed, was consistent, had pace and was a good finisher, yet was always dropped for the return from injury of certain others. To then be offered the opportunity to play regular SL for another top side, with a number of former colleagues, was a no brainer, and especially to feel wanted.
I'd have him back tomorrow.