Zak Hardaker's joy at returning to full-back role for Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Re: Zak Hardaker's joy at returning to full-back role for Wigan Warriors

Post by Fujiman »

Wes wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:53 am Just my opinion, if you had a really sick parent and your job was half way around the world would you want to go back to work, I sure wouldn’t.

If he’s back in the country the guy has some serious commitment to the club knowing he may lose a parent and not be in the same country and fair play to him on that basis.

I’d be happily proven wrong as I said it’s just my opinion based on zero evidence or in the know so to speak.

If he is here I actually feel for the bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Spot on this comment, totally different scenario from Hastings so don't like the way some people are lumping the two together. IMHO I thought Hastings would see out this season so will wait to see what happens. As others have said no point keeping an unhappy player but poster Dan 22 seems to have a good insight .
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fujiman wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:20 am
Wes wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:53 am Just my opinion, if you had a really sick parent and your job was half way around the world would you want to go back to work, I sure wouldn’t.

If he’s back in the country the guy has some serious commitment to the club knowing he may lose a parent and not be in the same country and fair play to him on that basis.

I’d be happily proven wrong as I said it’s just my opinion based on zero evidence or in the know so to speak.

Spot on this comment, totally different scenario from Hastings so don't like the way some people are lumping the two together. IMHO I thought Hastings would see out this season so will wait to see what happens. As others have said no point keeping an unhappy player but poster Dan 22 seems to have a good insight .
Is it? Doesn't Hastings have a sick Grandad who he is very close to since he didn't really have much of a relationship with his father growing up?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:40 am

Is it? Doesn't Hastings have a sick Grandad who he is very close to since he didn't really have much of a relationship with his father growing up?
Correct
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:40 am

Yes he does but it doesn't seem to be the driving force behind everything unlike French. This seems to be about ambition / redemption and playing for an Aussie club. I could well be wrong but just my opinion.