Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Hastings

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Read a post on fb re. his mother said.
It's wind your necks in time again!!🤣
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:45 pm Read a post on fb re. his mother said.
It's wind your necks in time again!!🤣
Ive never slated jackson and rate him as a player....... all i will say, if it was me ide put the social media side of the game to bed for a bit....... especially when his mum is getting involved
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:44 pm I have to be honest and say i have spoken to a few Wigan players and he wasnt the most pleasant person to work with, and its not sour grapes as he was also not well liked at Salford
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
mentioned something similar a few weeks ago, glad someone like you who knows the ins and outs can confirm this as well.

He seems to think he is the best thing around and that he is bigger than the club.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I genuinely did not want to post this but I suspect a few of the players will not be too disappointed ,not denying his talent but its important to the harmony of the team & helps with the moral .
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I've been reading all this rubbish about Hastings all morning

So ex-coach Michael Maguire doing his transfer dealings via the press - why now?

Hastings was in Australia two weeks ago. He held all the aces to coming back or not. He came back. Fans still not happy

Paper says Wests are interested in him. I bet they are. He is out of contract at the end of the season. He might leave then. That would be his prerogative

I wouldn't stay at a club where "fans" stab him in the back all the time because someone posted another rumour about him. Even some fans on here who claim to be more "loyal" than others - you makes me sick

With Wests possibly looking to replace Maguire due to the sides poor start and dreadful defence - signing a half back makes sense - because that is what that team needs!
Wigan boss Adrian Lam:

"Due to Jackson Hastings' delayed arrival, we feel that he needs another week of training in the team sessions and environment before he will be selected.

"It's great to have him back in training. He has lifted the intensity since his arrival. He's an important part of our team and brings us a completely different dimension.

"We can't wait for him to be back involved. But he will play a part in Friday's game as part of the group and will be running messages to his team-mates on and off the field."
This is Maguire treating Wigan with contempt by attempting to unsettle a contracted player. Wigan should complain to the NRL about this behavior
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:13 pm I genuinely did not want to post this but I suspect a few of the players will not be too disappointed ,not denying his talent but its important to the harmony of the team & helps with the moral .
Maybe Wigan want to sell him if he is not a team player. Having said that he made a vast difference last season so everyone in the team played with him then. I hope he stays and wins Man Of Steel again.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I think the voting system is too floored for him to win MOS again. In my personal opinion Sezer, Reynolds or Sam Tomkins will win it
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:44 pm I have to be honest and say i have spoken to a few Wigan players and he wasnt the most pleasant person to work with, and its not sour grapes as he was also not well liked at Salford
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I’ve also heard this 😟
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Ask yourself this

Has Jackson Hastings come to Wigan to be a "top bloke" "well liked" "all round nice guy" "helper of old ladies cross the roads"????

No!

He is at Wigan because of his skill set and talent Wigan wanted. Is he universally liked at the club? Is anyone ?

He is not at Wigan to be popular but to win trophies. The club is not an old pals set-up and should never be

Ellery Hanley was NOT popular among all the players. His tea-total professional stance put him at odds with numerous others. I do not care if he isn't going to be so-and-so's godfather

Judge him on the pitch - anything else is just petty
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

If there's no offer from Wests, and Hastings doesn't breach his contract, I'd keep him with no qualms. If there is an offer, but its not enough for us to replace Hastings, I'd keep him. If the financial and recriutment side works for the club as a whole, I'd sell him. I'd prefer to see him at Wigan for one more season at least.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐