Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Hastings

Post by Dan2266 »

May not be at Wigan in a couple of weeks.........
Rennox89

Re: Hastings

Post by Rennox89 »

Great player. But let him leave, doesnt want to stay IMO do let's start to build around someone else at 6
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:30 am May not be at Wigan in a couple of weeks.........
So you also just read the link that was on Facebook :lol:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Rennox89 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:34 am Great player. But let him leave, doesnt want to stay IMO do let's start to build around someone else at 6
He refused to come home (at first) because Wigan would not release him from his contract to sign for Wests, Wests are now trying to sign him (transfer fee), Wigan are not happy with Hastings/His Agent and the way they are going about everything. I've been told there is a good chance this is why he isn't in the squad for tomorrow. some news should come out today, although I doubt its directly from the club. I would assume it leaks in Aus first from the players agent.

Great player I agree, but too much of a distraction to the group with the constant speculation. hard to replace if he leaves.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I wonder if those who where praising and excusing him a couple of weeks back will be doing the same in a few weeks time IF this FLIMSY rumour becomes true :?:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:39 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:30 am May not be at Wigan in a couple of weeks.........
So you also just read the link that was on Facebook :lol:
Where is that? I've not seen anything yet... just had a text this morning. I don't use facebook that often
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings wanted by NRL club immediately

Wests Tigers have launched a fresh bid to prise Jackson Hastings away from Wigan.

Officials from the NRL club met with Hastings' Australian management team yesterday to try and thrash out a deal.

The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting the Tigers may pay a transfer fee to sign Hastings, who only returned to training with Wigan last week and is not in the squad for their opener against Leigh tomorrow night.

Wests - coached by former Wigan boss Michael Maguire - showed interest in the former Man of Steel in the off-season.

But a winless start has forced them to move urgently to try and snare him now.

Legend Garry Jack tweeted: "Jackson Hastings would be an excellent signing for Wests. I would personally love to see him there."

Hastings, 25, is entering his second season with Wigan. He was given an extended break in the off-season to spend more time with his family, including his ill granddad.

The former Sydney Roosters and Manly playmaker has made no secret of his intention to return to the NRL at some stage.

If he departed, it would be a blow to Wigan, given his quality. But they do have other options at halfback, with Thomas Leuluai, Harry Smith and Hastings' friend - and new signing - Jai Field at the club.

Hastings' agent, Sam Ayoub, also manages Adrian Lam.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ly-3177843
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:41 am I wonder if those who where praising and excusing him a couple of weeks back will be doing the same in a few weeks time IF this FLIMSY rumour becomes true :?:
Not a rumour mate they want him now, Wigan are aware of it, weather they get him is a different story. If he stays at Wigan it doesn't mean this was just a rumour, it means it just didn't come to fruition. the bloke will never be settled in England and for that reason alone id get rid of him. may as well get some money for him instead of having a year of disruption then him leave for nothing anyway.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:45 am Jackson Hastings wanted by NRL club immediately

Wests Tigers have launched a fresh bid to prise Jackson Hastings away from Wigan.

Officials from the NRL club met with Hastings' Australian management team yesterday to try and thrash out a deal.

The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting the Tigers may pay a transfer fee to sign Hastings, who only returned to training with Wigan last week and is not in the squad for their opener against Leigh tomorrow night.

Wests - coached by former Wigan boss Michael Maguire - showed interest in the former Man of Steel in the off-season.

But a winless start has forced them to move urgently to try and snare him now.

Legend Garry Jack tweeted: "Jackson Hastings would be an excellent signing for Wests. I would personally love to see him there."

Hastings, 25, is entering his second season with Wigan. He was given an extended break in the off-season to spend more time with his family, including his ill granddad.

The former Sydney Roosters and Manly playmaker has made no secret of his intention to return to the NRL at some stage.

If he departed, it would be a blow to Wigan, given his quality. But they do have other options at halfback, with Thomas Leuluai, Harry Smith and Hastings' friend - and new signing - Jai Field at the club.

Hastings' agent, Sam Ayoub, also manages Adrian Lam.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ly-3177843

I'm not from Wigan so I don't follow Wigan today, what's your thoughts Josie? would you prefer he stays or leaves?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wests Tigers send SOS to Hastings as pressure builds on Brooks

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests- ... 57dy9.html
Seems to be all over the papers too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan