Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Hastings

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:15 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:54 am few options available, Leave Zak at Fullback French into the halves
or Leuluai - Field / Field - Smith / Smith - Leuluai.

I can see Wigan using Hastings money (Wages & Transfer Fee) for other positions.
French isn't a half.

Field or Smith to replace hastings.

I know he isn't a half by trade but I'm sure there was an interview where he said he likes playing there. I do agree with you though Field/Smith. who knows we may actually sign someone to directly replace Hastings.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:15 am Id be straight onto Huddersfield for Sezer personally :lol:
I agree, or Jake Trueman from Cas
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:57 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:48 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:45 am Jackson Hastings wanted by NRL club immediately

Wests Tigers have launched a fresh bid to prise Jackson Hastings away from Wigan.

Officials from the NRL club met with Hastings' Australian management team yesterday to try and thrash out a deal.

The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting the Tigers may pay a transfer fee to sign Hastings, who only returned to training with Wigan last week and is not in the squad for their opener against Leigh tomorrow night.

Wests - coached by former Wigan boss Michael Maguire - showed interest in the former Man of Steel in the off-season.

But a winless start has forced them to move urgently to try and snare him now.

Legend Garry Jack tweeted: "Jackson Hastings would be an excellent signing for Wests. I would personally love to see him there."

Hastings, 25, is entering his second season with Wigan. He was given an extended break in the off-season to spend more time with his family, including his ill granddad.

The former Sydney Roosters and Manly playmaker has made no secret of his intention to return to the NRL at some stage.

If he departed, it would be a blow to Wigan, given his quality. But they do have other options at halfback, with Thomas Leuluai, Harry Smith and Hastings' friend - and new signing - Jai Field at the club.

Hastings' agent, Sam Ayoub, also manages Adrian Lam.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ly-3177843

I'm not from Wigan so I don't follow Wigan today, what's your thoughts Josie? would you prefer he stays or leaves?
To be honest, he’s a great player but NO PLAYER is bigger than this club & if he or Bevan don’t want to play for Wigan let them go for me. I want players who WANT to be here not to be just using us to past the time until they get what they want!!

Very much like a certain player we mollycoddled for two fecking years then pi**ed off to the south of France

I want players who are & want to be loyal to this club.
Listen if he wants to go let him go it’ll be sad for a day or so then I’ll remember the club hasn’t fallen down,it’s still here and will be for a good while yet.

It’s time to grasp the nettle with both Hastings and French if they want to stay brilliant if not then thanks for your service and you go with best wishes but this molly coddling is getting to much,you have to ask yourself would your own employer bend as much as Wigan have done?

Not sure they would tbh.

The Tomkins example is a good one Josie in regards to both players.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:15 am Id be straight onto Huddersfield for Sezer personally :lol:
Trueman Warrington bound supposedly, but, Trueman would be a long term sensible signing for Wigan, totally agree. Lets hope Harry Smith steps up and has a cracking season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:08 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 am
Trueman Warrington bound supposedly, but, Trueman would be a long term sensible signing for Wigan, totally agree. Lets hope Harry Smith steps up and has a cracking season.
I feel Truman has stood still at Cas not sure I’d have him here as I don’t think he’s better than what we have,Sezer I’d have in a heartbeat though
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I say let him go if he does not want to play for us,I think that him being left out tomorrow is just a smokescreen for what is about to happen,whoever heard of a marquee playing running on with instructions must think that April the first has come early,its about time the club is honest to their loyal fans instead of allowing these individuals plundering our finances,get shut,promote youth.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Tried to do some digging but no one is saying anything.

All I have got is that Hastings is trying to cite compassionate grounds (I think this is a final try to get a free release) I think Wigan are stupid if they let him go without at least reimbursement of his salary that has already been paid to him.

a split is best for all involved at this point. from a playing point of view I'm gutted to see him potentially leave, but from the overall situation Its best to let him go and be someone else's problem.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

He's just posted a photo of him in a wigan kit on instagram, retweeted by Wigan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

All this about hastings talking to wests and him not being picked for the leigh game tells that hes being punished by wigan...... I obviously dont know the ins and outs but theres something fishy going on
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I have to be honest and say i have spoken to a few Wigan players and he wasnt the most pleasant person to work with, and its not sour grapes as he was also not well liked at Salford
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: