Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Hastings

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:27 pm If there's no offer from Wests, and Hastings doesn't breach his contract, I'd keep him with no qualms. If there is an offer, but its not enough for us to replace Hastings, I'd keep him. If the financial and recriutment side works for the club as a whole, I'd sell him. I'd prefer to see him at Wigan for one more season at least.
I would go with that Mike, I think we need to appoint you to the Board of Directors.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wintergreen wrote: In all honesty if he does want out, now's the best time. Let Lam build a team to challenge for the playoffs without any mid season disruption.
How on earth is the start of the season the best time for our no 1 scrum half to leave?

Lam won’t be able to build a team because there are no replacements available. Everyone is signed up.

This completely disrupts the team planning just before the season kicks off. If he’d gone at the end of last season the club could have planned for it. Now they will be looking around for a replacement when no one decent is available or trying to run with what we have got which makes the team weaker. There is no way TL can play a full season and he’s nowhere near the standard of player anyway, the same as any other potential candidates currently at the club.
pedro

Post by pedro »

tell them to do one, they get rid of marshall then say they need a half.....tough
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

Hopefully doesnt distract prep for friday. Cant see anythink will come of this, but if it does hopefully a transfer fee/salary is used and put back into the squad.
I have no idea why we didn't do a swap deal with Canberra Sezer for Williams originally would have made more sense.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

MadMaxWarrior wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:38 pm Hopefully doesnt distract prep for friday. Cant see anythink will come of this, but if it does hopefully a transfer fee/salary is used and put back into the squad.
I have no idea why we didn't do a swap deal with Canberra Sezer for Williams originally would have made more sense.
I said at the time we should have done but was shot down by the usual experts on here
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:54 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:27 pm If there's no offer from Wests, and Hastings doesn't breach his contract, I'd keep him with no qualms. If there is an offer, but its not enough for us to replace Hastings, I'd keep him. If the financial and recriutment side works for the club as a whole, I'd sell him. I'd prefer to see him at Wigan for one more season at least.
I would go with that Mike, I think we need to appoint you to the Board of Directors.
One day, one day...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:55 pm
MadMaxWarrior wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:38 pm Hopefully doesnt distract prep for friday. Cant see anythink will come of this, but if it does hopefully a transfer fee/salary is used and put back into the squad.
I said at the time we should have done but was shot down by the usual experts on here
I was actually thinking that earlier meds....... its looking more and more like the knockers are right.....i thought it was all BS last season but it keeps rearing its ugly head....... i dont mind admitting i was wrong if he does leave
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

[/quote]

At least we would have had abit of stability for 2/3 seasons because he actually wanted to play in the super league
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

MadMaxWarrior wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:54 pm I said at the time we should have done but was shot down by the usual experts on here
At least we would have had abit of stability for 2/3 seasons because he actually wanted to play in the super league
[/quote]

They all want to play in SL, until they get a better offer. We would be better off recruiting South Sea Islanders.
bertina

Post by bertina »

I am absolutely amazed at this thread.
A ball has not been kicked yet this season and Hastings is getting slated on here because of press rumours.
The lad was excellent for us last season, gave his all every game. Wether he is popular or not is irrelevant as long as he performs. If he “ does the dirty “ and buggers off in the next couple of weeks then I could understand some of the stick, but for God’s sake until something happens give him a bloody break.
It’s usually a couple of games into the season before players start getting viified, so even for this site it’s starting early.
(Rant over) !!!!