Mitch clark

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Mitch clark

Post by Firestarter »

As ive totally no idea what the individual players get paid and how there wages differ.I was wondering if we could release mitch and replace him.Ide guess hes on more than the likes of shorrocks,havard, smithies, bullock etc.Seems daft keeping him as its obvious hes not gonna be picked unless we are down to the bare bones.It also seems silly when we are so short in the backs.I thought he would get a shot on friday but obviously hes gonna be way down the pecking order again this season.Ive never been one to get on the hankinson bandwagon but he was a pretty steady player who probably didnt get a fair crack at the first team( possibly same as mitch).Maybe a loan swap would keep both parties happy for a few weeks
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Mitch clark

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Do you think it would be easy to offload someone on a high wage who isnt playing? Who wants to take those wages on?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:13 pm Do you think it would be easy to offload someone on a high wage who isnt playing? Who wants to take those wages on?
Probably not if he is on a big wage
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Never understood this signing. Didn’t really make the starting 17 last season, doesn’t look like he will get a look in this season. Why keep him or sign him in the first place?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:35 pm Never understood this signing. Didn’t really make the starting 17 last season, doesn’t look like he will get a look in this season. Why keep him or sign him in the first place?
Ask Rads.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:35 pm Never understood this signing. Didn’t really make the starting 17 last season, doesn’t look like he will get a look in this season. Why keep him or sign him in the first place?
Why keep him? Maybe the fact he’s got a contract?

You can’t just get rid of players who are contracted.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

There were rumours about him leaving mid off season but nothing came of them. Thank goodness bosses cannot just rip up contracts. In his one outing this year he did seem up for it though so he is worth a shot. He always looks willing when he comes onto the pitch though then does not really add much.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I put him in the same category as Navarette.......(not inexperienced, neither too old or young, just too many options ahead of him).

Bit like Hankinson, hard to be too critical either way IMO.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

The best result for us would be for MItch to take any chance that he gets and prove us all wrong. I think that he's facing the problem that Lammy (and many of us?) has probably decided he's not up to it and he'll only get a chance now if we have lots of injuries. I can't accept that Clubby offers more at this stage of his career so if MItch doesn't get a game we've effectively got two experienced props not 'earning their keep'. Not a good situation in a salary capped sport.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 am
Why keep him? Maybe the fact he’s got a contract?

You can’t just get rid of players who are contracted.
Have you always been a prat?
Obviously I meant try and get rid of him the appropriate way